View Single Post

Thread: God-Kings of Lotus

1. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: God-Kings of Lotus

Zephyr

Ascending the stage at the deity's command, Zephyr's eyes darted between the god and his own Solar companion. He met her eyes for just a moment, wondering if she could feel the connection as he could, before returning his gaze to the Minister of Wild Rice.

The meals presented to him were truly divine. Zephyr was a man of large appetites and he had sampled many savory delights in his travels. During his days as a gladiator, he had won high fame, and at times he had been a guest-pet at banquets where the nobility of Gem had plied him with fine wine and scrumptious treats as they marveled at his tales of spilled blood and broken bones in the arena, a novelty to entertain their jaded senses. But even there, he had never tasted anything approaching the quality of the dishes set before him.

Normally Zephyr would wolf down his food, a habit of the days when to eat slowly was to eat not at all. But here, he consumed each dish slowly and with relish, letting each flavor sit on his tongue and slowly exude its incredible flavor through his senses. His eyes were half-lidded, and he made little noises of pleasure with each bite.

After a time, he had at last finished each dish. Once again, he looked at the two contestants, his face inscrutable as he examined each one in turn. Finally, he stood. First, he bowed to the Minister, and then to Ivory Eyes, and then he turned to the crowd. This, he thought, would require delicate handling, and he offered a silent prayer of thanks to Shadow and the training she had given him in speechcraft.

Citizens of Lotus! I have traveled far and tasted much, but surely I have never met two cooks of such sublime skill. Truly, this city must be blessed to welcome at the same time the august presences of not only the magnificent Terrestrial Minister of Rice and his ineffable skill, but Ivory Eyes and her divine culinary practice!

My only regret is that I must choose between one of them, for I doubt that even the palate of one as traveled as I is worthy to distinguish between such geniuses. Yet, by the command of his Honor the Minister, choose I must. And so, good citizens of Lotus, I give you your victor -

He paused for a moment, and suddenly whirled, his cloak fluttering with the speed of his movement and his arm snapping out, his finger pointing towards the young girl-Solar.

Ivory Eyes!

Spoiler
    Show

Attempting a speech to both soothe the Minister's ego and excite the citizens of Lotus in favor of Ivory Eyes. Using second Charisma Excellency, spending 6 motes of Personal essence for 3 Extra Successes.

(Charisma (4) + Presence (3) (7d10)[3][1][8][1][7][8][7](35) + 3 Extra Successes

Essence
    Personal: 12/18
    Peripheral: 32/36 (4 Committed)
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2009-04-05 at 05:55 PM.