View Single Post

Thread: [3.5, Base Class] Fencer (P.E.A.C.H.)

1. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5, Base Class] Fencer (P.E.A.C.H.)

You don't leave your starting point on a lunge--assuming you recover backward to guard. If you recover forward, then you do leave your starting point.

I suppose mine was closer to working assuming you were recovering forward, and yours was written assuming you were recovering back.

Mine also basically functions as a more limited Agile Footwork, reading over the other class features... As your class stands, probably makes sense to use yours.

Adding in the option to recover back to guard might make mine a bit too wordy. Plus, it would basically make it Spring Attack.

I'd say use your basic lunge, but either use the half speed rule for Balestra or go for a Jump Attack ending in a lunge.

Steal Tempo seems very, very powerful, but as this is a pure martial class with no spellcasting progression, it's safe from the most broken builds.

I think Parry should be 'when you are not flatfooted', not 'when you are aware'. If you are unaware, you are flatfooted and can't parry. But there are other situations that can cause one to be flatfooted, and I don't think you should be able to parry in those situations.

The restriction at the bottom of Saberist should read 'the saberist', not 'the fencer'.
    Last edited by Maldraugedhen; 2009-04-21 at 09:40 PM.
    The road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began,
    Now far ahead the road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can--
    Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Meeting those who travel on the way,
    Where many paths and errands meet,
    And whither then, I cannot say.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien