Quote Originally Posted by AslanCross View Post
If you really want to use fire without being gimped by immunities, might I suggest the Silver Flame Pyromancer from Five Nations (Eberron book). You could easily refluff it for the flavor and the alignment restriction. Its main class feature is being able to convert any fire spells into sacred damage (half sacred at first, then once you hit level 4, full sacred damage).

It does suffer the loss of a few caster levels (and you have to multiclass as cleric), but taking Practiced Spellcaster solves your Arcane CL problems. Also, you automatically add Paladin spells to your spellbook for some odd, awesome reason.

It's only 5 levels long, so you're free to PrC elsewhere. I made an 18th level Wizard/Cleric/Fatespinner/SFP once. He blew stuff up without even taking Practiced Spellcaster. Maximized Sacred Orb of Fire = win.
Hmm.....

If I went:

Wizard 3/MS 4, taking Arcane Disciple for Exorcism. That gets me into Sacred Exorcist, which grants turning, which allows me to enter Pyromancer at level 9 with only the one mandatory lost caster level, but is it worth it?

And that's without trying to break/adapt it with things like Fire Domain(turn water elementals, rebuke fire elementals) or Domains that might grant turnings to arcane casters.