All right, let's see if I can clarify how the system works...

Every character will recieve 20 points to put into their basic attributes--Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Perception, and Willpower. This is bought on a one for one basis up to level 5, and three points for each increase after that. Strength six costs eight points at character creation for that.

They then get 20 points with which to buy skills, on a similar system. Another 20 points are provided to purchase Qualities (the merits.) They can also take up to ten points worth of Drawbacks. Each point gained from Drawbacks can either go to purchasing more qualities, or to new skills.

The Totem Warrior Quality costs 12 points and provides a suite of abilities which is moderately customizable based on which Totem the player selects. They get, as part of the Quality, a couple other combat related qualities, a small combat skill boost, and attribute boosts, Acute Senses, and a miscellaneous situational bonus determined by the totem in question. They also have some problems dealing with animal urges, and get the adversaries that come with being Mystical Chosen Warriors.

The Teenager drawback grants two points, and brings with it the RP difficulties of the character still being a kid. If I give the players points for it, they're limited to eight points worth of drawbacks to choose for themselves, and it doesn't really seem it would disadvantage one of them over the others. If I don't give them the points, then they've been forced to take a drawback without any benefit. If I give them the points, and don't count it against the limit, there seems to be a potential for unbalance.