ah, i'd lost this thread entirely.

I think reflex plus touch AC makes sense, kind of. The touch AC represents all the things that prevent a blade from reaching you at all.
yeah, but so does a reflex save. they are essentially the same thing, but wizards decided to make one against attacks and one against *everything* else.

in the star wars saga edition, you have a reflex defense, and that is it; it incorporates touch ac and reflex saves into the same beast, because they ARE the same beast.

The higher that is, the more time you'd have to react and try to teleport away.
yeah, but the same could be said of adding your flat-footed ac to a fort save too then. either way, i don't think that it fits well.

The Dex mod going on twice makes less sense, but since I'm taking this epic destiny for a character I'm building, I can't say that I mind...
exactly. just remember though, you will mind when the dm throws an npc with the same epic destiny and a higher dex mod at you...

demented, i'd just make it an opposed attack roll. but if you don't like that (especially owing to the fact that many characters taking this would be 3/4 bab or so) then make it an escape art check (kinda fits the flavor) against the attack. that'd give it the potential to be inherently higher than the attack roll.

other than that, beats the heck out of me, and i'd just make it some sort of ability that auto triggers when attacked, and the attacker has to roll a reflex save or miss or something drastic.