Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
Looks excellent.
Thanks!

Consider using spoiler tags. A huge block of text is difficult to read and sort through.
I can do that.

If I wanted to play a Soulknife that throws his mindblades, I'd have to wait until 3rd level to do so, and 7th level to do so more then one round in a row. And after the first round of doing so, I can only replenish 2 mind blades each round, screwing me if I want to make a full attack every round.
Yeah, I've noticed. I think I'll just get rid of the Multiple Throw ability and let you throw based on BAB, since you really shouldn't have to wait so long to be able to do something you should be able to anyway.

Similarly, with Mind Finesse at second level, a first level Dex based Soulknife is screwed.
Good point, though that's often a problem with Dex-based builds with no BAB at 1st level, like rogues. But still, I can do that.

Your Save DC's are all over the place. Some too weak for their ECL, some too high, and the opposing Will Save on Mind Crack is just weird. Standard Save DC for a base class is 10 + 1/2 your level + primary attribute modifier.
True. Problem is, he's not really a caster-type and I'm not sure I want to make him dependent on any mental attribute. But I'll be getting rid of the weapon enchantment list anyway so that shouldn't be much of a problem soon.

The opposing Will Save thing was for lack of any other idea at the time. I could try an Autohypnosis check though or maybe an opposed level check.

The class seems weak at levels 1-6, when most of the class abilities basically just give you a bunch of minor bonus feats (most of which will be useless if you're not a Dex based build) and a free +1 to +3 weapon. Then you hit the meat of the class, and pick up Blade Essence, Bladewind, and Knife to the Soul, which rock. Then it's a mixed bag for the next 9 levels. It's definitely a huge improvement over the base version, but it still ranks in the lower end of the power pool. What other classes are you seeking for this class be balanced with? Monk/Barbarian/Fighter? Paladin/Hexblade/Duskblade? Crusader/Warblade/Swordsage? Full Casters?
Yeah, when I made this I hadn't had a chance to try things like ToB classes or psychic warrior, which is probably why I was overcautious about balance. Now that I have tried those, this class seems a bit boring, since he's still mostly just a fighter with a special weapon. I should come up with some way to make the class more interesting, somehow, maybe with a psionic version of ToB maneuvers? Or maybe just make him proficient with all forms of his mind blade, regardless of martial or exotic. The ability to change it from a spiked chain to a net has gotta be worth something, right?

I'm a bit concerned over the weird Crit stacking from Perfect Blade Shaping. Note that non-dice bonus damage, including Ability Damage (from Knife to the Soul) is multiplied. So you may not want to mess with the Keen rules. I might just be misreading it though - how abusive do you think it would be?
Well, it applies after Keen so a +5% to crit chance can't be that bad. A Keen rapier has 15-20/x2, and with that bonus it would be 14-20/x2. Doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference, IMO.

You might want to glance at my homebrew Soulknife, as it addresses some of my quibbles. You've got some nice creative juice going on in your version though, so I might steal some of it. I'll be sure to give you credit if I do. Feel free to do the same.
Feel free to take whatever you need. I like your version in that it looks a lot more malleable and interesting, though I'm not really a huge fan of Star Wars. Blasphemy, I know.