Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonWraith View Post
I never knew that Cestuses are actually bludgeoning weapons; they're very much bladed in Diablo II. Just looked it up though, and you are quite correct. Cool.
Yeah, I had to look that up too. It's nice to have a matching piercing/slashing/bludgeoning set.

A Katar and a Punch Dagger are pretty much exactly the same things. Is the idea that the Katar is larger/longer than the Punch Dagger?
Yeah, it's probably meant to be the same thing. But the punching dagger is a cheap simple weapon, so I'd imagine that the listed punching dagger is a bit crude or makeshift. The assassin's version would be more of a precisely crafted weapon with a longer blade and peculiar traits that require more training to use, justifying its exotic classification. Something like this.

1d8 and 17-20/x2 Critical on the Cestus? That looks... very strong. They're Exotic, but you're giving the Assassin automatic proficiency. By direct comparison, the Katar looks rather weak, despite the 19-20/x4, which I think might be better than any other x4 weapon out there.
You're right. I wanted to make them a bit stronger than other weapons to distinguish them, but this is probably too far. And most of the time, higher crit chance is probably better than more damaging crits. What about this instead:

Claw: 1d6, 19-20/x3
Katar: 1d8, 20/x4
Cestus: 1d4, 18-20/x2

Burst of Speed's a very strong ability. On the one hand, I feel like it's something melee characters should have more of, to put them closer to casters, but at the same time, that ability looks stronger than anything similar I've seen on other melee classes (note: I have not actually looked at very many melee classes outside of Core, and while I've read about each of the classes in ToB, I haven't actually read all of the Maneuvers).
I actually made it before I saw Hustle as the psychic warrior power, which does the same thing except only for move actions. Melee characters really need mobility to be effective, so I gave her a way to get extra move actions. The evolution to standard and full-round was because the Time Stands Still maneuver in ToB grants an extra full-round attack.

At early levels, it's great for maneuvering before battle, and an extra standard action probably isn't that bad on her, letting her make an extra attack or manifest an extra power. It'd also have nice synergy with the trap system I'm planning. The extra full-round action is comparable to Time Stands Still, but the assassin can do it two or three times per encounter while a ToB class can do it as much as it wants, at the cost of having to recover its maneuvers. The assassin also needs to spend a swift action while the ToB'er don't, but she gets a greater flexibility in being able to use it for more than just attacks. It's a toss-up.

Doubleclaw - wow, that seems... very strong. Well, ok, honestly, it seems like what Two Weapon Fighting should have been to begin with, but still, compared to what other TWFers get? That's very strong.
Yeah, that was kind of the point. Regular TWF is way too feat intensive and stupid. Really, the only reason to get it is to maximize your bonus die, like with Sneak Attack or Power Attack. Since an assassin doesn't get such high damage boosts, I don't think it's that bad.

The Shadow Warrior seems pretty good. I think that's OK. I'm pretty new at this though.
Creating a copy of you just leaves so much room for abuse. I tried to limit that as much as possible, such as not allowing racial Ex/Sp/Su abilities and not copying equipment. I'm also worried that it's too easily killable, but not sure about that. I should compare it to the druid's animal companion or something.

In Diablo II, the Assassin's Weapon Block was special because it could block spells that normally could not be blocked. If they're going to be efficient mage-killers, that would seem like a really good thing to have. See if you can't find Afroakuma's thread on what would be necessary to take on a level 20 Wizard who knew you were coming - it was on the Roleplaying forum several weeks ago. It was a discussion of what special affects and feats one might have to homebrew in order to actually kill a level 20 Wizard. Some of those abilities should make it onto the Assassin, IMO. The ability to be ignored by Contingency would be a great start.
Blocking just doesn't work the same way in D&D, so I'm not sure how to incorporate that into the ability. The Contingency immunity though, and divination protection in general, would be great to have as additional effects on Fade. Maybe something like Nondetection evolving into Mind Blank in the improved version.

Fade didn't actually slow you down in Diablo II, it just couldn't be used with Burst of Speed. Still, that seems reasonable, it's a pretty strong ability.
Yeah, but it always felt slow enough. :P

You should also have to sacrifice something for strong defensive power, and speed seems fitting for a tanking ability.

Psychic Hammer didn't stun, it knocked-back. Maybe give it a Bull-Rush effect instead? Also, one of the really neat things about it was that you could click on empty space, and automatically hit whatever was nearest where you clicked - maybe make it able to target a square, and hit the nearest thing to that square, within a 30' radius or so, including Invisible/Blurred/Concealed/Covered opponents? Maybe make that cost Augmentation.
Hmm, I like that idea, the Bull-Rush and the auto-target. It would give it a different use than Mind Blast. I'll change it.

Cloak of Shadows didn't actually cause darkness; it blinded things nearby. Things outside could see in easily. This is likely more to do with deficiencies in Diablo II's code, but I personally rather liked the effect. You might consider doing something like that. Still, as is, it's a pretty solid effect.
I think it was meant to actually make things dark, since your screen does go dark when you use it. I kind of like the darkness effect though, since just making things directly go blind usually requires a save whereas making things dark does not.

Mind Blast lost its iconic ability! It should have a Mind-Affecting ability to cause targets to turn on their allies (a la Dominate, but without the Assassin having actual control beyond that they are on her side).
Oh right, I totally forgot the conversion effect! That'd work as an augmentable effect. I'm not sure if dominate might be too good though, since there's no good way to prevent you from commanding your dominated enemies. Possibly a confusion effect instead?

Shadow Master seems incredibly good, but it's level 20. I dunno. It's strong, but it's a capstone, it should be. I know more about Diablo II than D&D, unfortunately, so I don't feel able to evaluate it. Definitely matches the Shadow Master well, though.
Yeah, I wanted a good capstone, but my biggest worry is that the Shadow Master makes your skill points irrelevant, especially things like Search, Disable Device, and Knowledge skills. It doesn't make sense that your shadow minion can know more than you do though, so I'll remove Knowledge skills from it at least.