1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [4e Paragon Path] - Solve all your problems with Fire! (Patent pending)

Pyromancer

“Kill it with fire”
    Prerequisites: Any arcane class, at least three arcane powers with the fire keyword

You are fire incarnate. You can burn anything - houses, livestock, dragons, water, efreets - everything burns under the heat of your arcane fires. You’ve become so adept at manipulating fire and burning things that fire is a part of your very being. You’re almost uncomfortable without it. Fire is your love, your passion and the spiritual heat that fuels you. Of course you should solve your problems with fire. You can solve every problem with fire.

Pyromancer Features:
    Flaming Ace (Level 11): Select one of your arcane at-will powers. That power deals fire damage in addition to existing damage types, deals additional damage equal to the highest of your Intelligence, Charisma or Constitution modifiers, and, if it is a ranged or melee attack, you can use it as a basic attack. Ranged at-will powers affected by this feature qualify for the feat Reaper’s Touch (Dragon Magazine). If you retrain the at-will power affected by this feature, you may assign this feature to a new power.
    Overchannel (Level 11): When you spend an action point to make an arcane attack with the fire keyword, that attack does +1d8 fire damage.
    Power Overwhelming (level 16): Your arcane powers ignore any resistance or immunity to fire your targets possess.

Pyromancer Attacks:

Sun Scorch
    “You let loose a bolt of burning radiant energy, searing a foe and temporarily blinding them.”
    Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Radiant, Implement
    Standard Action Ranged 10
    Target: One creature in range
    Attack: Intelligence, Constitution or Charisma vs. Reflex
    Hit: 2d6 + intelligence, constitution or charisma modifier fire and radiant damage and the target takes ongoing 10 fire damage (save ends) and is blinded until the end of your next turn.

Contagious Immolation
    “You wreathe yourself in arcane flames. The flames cannot burn you, but they are very real to the enemies that approach you and spread like the proverbial wildfire”
    Daily * Arcane, Fire
    Minor Action Personal
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, enemies that enter a square adjacent to you or start their turn adjacent to you take ongoing 5 fire damage and are immolated (save ends both). While immolated, enemies of yours that enter or start their turn in a square adjacent to an immolated creature take ongoing 5 fire damage and are immolated (save ends both).

Flaming Crescendo
    “You curse your foe with what seems like an eternity of flaming agony, thoroughly roasting them with a cascade of hellish fire”
    Daily * Arcane, Fire, Implement
    Standard Action Ranged 10
    Target: One creature in range
    Attack: Intelligence +3, Constitution +3 or Charisma +3 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 1d8 + intelligence, constitution or charisma modifier damage. Make a secondary attack against the same target.
    Secondary Attack: Intelligence +2, Constitution +2 or Charisma +2 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 2d8 + intelligence, constitution or charisma modifier damage. Make a tertiary attack against the same target.
    Tertiary Attack: Intelligence +1, Constitution +1 or Charisma +1 vs. Reflex
    Hit: 3d8 + intelligence, constitution or charisma modifier damage. Make a fourth attack against the same target.
    Fourth Attack: Intelligence, Constitution or Charisma vs. Reflex
    Hit: 4d8 + intelligence, constitution or charisma modifier damage.

One of several paragon paths I made over the course of the Vote Up a Campaign Setting project to get the creative juices flowing on days when I had homebrewer's block. PEACH as always, and expect a few more of these creative experiments to pop up in the next while as I look back over the random stuff I've done in between homebrewing sprees.

EDIT: Changed Flaming Ace to add additional damage, changed Overchannel to +1d8 instead of +1[W]/+1 die, because many casters have powers with multiple d4s of damage, especially the wizard, and it was unfair to them. Added damage to Sun Scorch, going from 1d8 to 2d6. Reversed the attack bonuses on Flaming Crescendo.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2009-08-13 at 05:26 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!