Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
The artificer gets all of the basic(and a few of the not-so-basic) item creation feats as bonus feats. So many feats doesn't penalize them much if at all, and the bonus feats gained by this class don't step on the normal feats a character gets anyway... and for characters who specialize so well in the ways of item creation like the artificer, it's hardly underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
A)Does Artificer qualify for the generic mystic theurge?
No, Infusions are specifically neither Arcane nor Divine magic, and therefore the Artificer does not meet the "Able to cast 2nd level spells" requirement for Mystic Theurge.

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
B)If you're talking a L20 wiz 7/art 3/craftsman 10, its 0 spell levels, since he can still cast 9th level spells(and I assume you are, since you mention '13th' level infusions, which stops being an artificer's highest infusions for any other build). Caster levels aren't lost either, thanks to practiced spellcaster. Admittedly, the early game is where it really kills, giving up 1 1/2 spell levels.
I meant "levels of a spellcasting/infusion-using class" when I said spell/infusion level. Sorry for that confusion. 17th level spellcasting (i.e. 9th level spells) is great, but not getting that til 20 means you should be getting some incredible stuff in return - and while I've never played an Artificer and can't specifically comment, I do know that 13th level spellcasting of another class is not worth 3 lost levels in your primary spellcasting class; I suspect 13th level infusion-using isn't either.

Though, I could certainly see this as a better item crafter than any other, which is what it's supposed to be, of course. I'd consider knocking the spellcasting requirement to 1st level spells, though, and allow entry at 5 (Wiz 1/Art 3/Sort 1), so you can get into the class earlier, and those feats are delayed less. Because no matter what you do, Wiz 3/Art 3 is going to suck.