Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
Nice list, and actually see several that I'd use. Few questions about the familiar ones. 1) do they have to be your familiar, some specify some don't; if not what's the range? 2) do you allow warlocks to take familiars with Obtain Familiar, it specifies arcane caster level so I'm a little unsure on that one (I allow it but that doesn't mean much) or do they have to be theurges? 3) how do you have Share Spells and Invocations work?
1) I see Warlocks as a mostly "selfish" class; they can have good effects, but only for themselves. Familiars would be sufficiently linked to a Warlock to get in on that power. So all of them were intended for "my familiar", though feel free to change that for your own purposes of course.
I suppose range should be touch on all of them, I honestly have seen so few familiars apart from their master that it never occurred to me to specify.
2) I let Warlocks take Obtain Familiar. I thought they were well understood to be arcane casters, but I can't remember why honestly, besides them qualifying for Arcane Prestige Classes.
3) I never noticed the "but not any spell-like ability" clause before, but nuts to that I say. Warlocks are special that way. (I know, I know, a very concise and proof-laden reason )

I like the invocations (or at least the non-familiar ones as I didn't read all of them), but I'd say the Lightning Blast is strong as a lesser. The cowered condition has the same effects as the stunned condition (which seems more appropriate than cowered for electricity) and the dark invocation Binding Blast (CM) simply afflicts this condition (save negates) in addition to damage. Other than that the invocations look good.
Stunned was taken in the binding blast from complete mage, I didn't want to repeat effects, though that one was Will, so a Fort save for electricity might be sufficiently different.
And I think you meant to upgrade it to greater?
I have no issue with that honestly, just saw Vitriolic Blast as markedly superior to Lightning Blast, and Noxious Blast superior still in side-effect. I pondered an electro magnetic effect, but entangling armoured foes seems... silly and too much like Orb of Lightning

Sorry if I came off too critically it's just much easier to point out the flawed ones than to state what makes the others work.
It was in the first few lines, critique harshly