1. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [3.5] Homebrew Invocations Dump P.E.A.C.H.

Eldritch Wires
    Least 1rst
    Your Eldritch Blast takes the form of nearly invisible strands of eldritch energy extending from your fingertips. You gain 2 such strands per level (10 maximum at level 5) You may maintain Eldritch Wires as a free action. As a standard action, you may make up to two touch attacks to latch 2 Eldritch Wires unto a creature within (10 / 2 levels)ft, or use all Wires at once as a full attack action. Eldritch Wires deal no damage, but add +1 circumstance bonusto the DC of resisting an Eldritch Essence's effect per 2 Wires attached. A Warlock may unlatch Wires as a free action and a creature struck by the Wires may bat them all off as a standard action. An Eldritch Wires Blast Essence may be changed as a standard action while the Wires are deployed. If Eldritch Wires are applied to an Eldritch Blast which only deals damage (Such as a base Eldritch Blast or a Gem Blast, but not a Brimstone or Vitrolic Blast), they instead apply a -(1 / 2 die of damage[rounded up]) penalty to the creatures AC as it is constantly pestered by jolts of pain causing them to wince at just the wrong time.

I'm sure I forgot something in the writing of this, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

Errata:
    -Wires can be attached to multiple opponents at once, though only 1 creature can be targeted by any single attempt to attach Wires (ergo you must spend the next round targeting another creature with any unattached Wires you may have if you wish to target multiple creatures).
    -Cannot maintain Eldritch Wires and use another Eldrtich Blast in the same round.
    -You remain free to use other invocations and items, but the threads are fragile at both ends (your finger tips and the creature who may chop them off), attacks and other violent actions made by you automatically cancel the Wires. A creature passing between you and someone who has Wires attached does not interfere with their hold and they may not be attacked as they constantly move and dart about, avoiding obstacles. Only their anchorage points are susceptible.
    -Added an "up to" to standard touch attacks, should a Warlock want to attach a single Wire.
    -Changed the DC boost to 1/2 Wires. The possibility of a +10 to the DC check seemed passable at first, until I realize that it wouldn't always work of the Wire's level, and Utterdark Wires with a DC 28 to resist (before other modifiers) was a tad... silly let us say. Also named the bonus.
    -Solar Wires would renew (1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage) temporary hp per round on the beginning of your turn.
    -A creature with Wires attached to it automatically breaks their hold on (him/her) if (he/she) leaves your Wire's range.

That being said, it might be more fun to be a puppeteer to your allies than your enemies, so...
    (note: These Essences do work with Shapes such as Eldritch Aura and co., but if a shape reduces the damage of an Eldritch Blast, it like wise reduces these bonuses [So the Sure Strike Aura of a level 11 Warlock would grant a +3 insight bonus on attack rolls to all creatures within 5ft, including enemies]

Sure Strike Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Sure Strike Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an insight bonus to all attack rolls made in the next round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Shell Blast
    Least 1rst
    A Shell Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives a shield bonus to his AC for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Ward Blast
    Least 2nd
    A Ward Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an enhancement bonus on saves made to resist Spells, and Supernatural and Spell-Like Abilities for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(1 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

Strong-Arm Blast
    Lesser 3rd
    A Strong-Arm Blast deals no damage. A creature hit by this blast receives an enhancement bonus on damage rolls for 1 round. This bonus is equal to +(2 /d6 of Eldritch Blast Damage).

I realize the wording is clunky, but I believe the intent of each Essence is clear enough to understand.
    Well, I think that's enough, I'll let this barren thread die now
    It's a bit worrying to account for so many of the posts contained herein
    Last edited by Radiun; 2009-10-20 at 11:18 AM.