Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
Tiger Claw works just fine with Unarmed Strikes, especially if you take Superior Unarmed Strike or use the Unarmed Swordsage adaptation. It gets the TWF rep because of things like Wolf Fang Strike and because you get more mileage from the Mongoose boosts and Girallon Windmill if you have more weapons, but there are also "screw it, I'll just rip your head off" strikes and some excellent mobility options as well. Desert Wind is mostly bad when you're looking at the strikes that imitate blasting spells; its boosts and stances are pretty good (at level 20, Burning Blade is d6+20 damage to all your hits. Even if you're dealing with resistance 10-15 that's worth the Swift action to use it before a full attack, and if you get something immune.. don't use it. It's not that much of a problem, it just means you don't want to make Desert Wind fire moves your only means of attack.)
I suppose I should have specified that while these two schools are good, you won't gain full use of them without the TWF and/or fire maneuvers, and so focusing on the other three would be better for a greater breadth of options.