1. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prime20: Where Rule 0 is Rule Of Cool [d20/Prime20]

I vote for wizard.

And for HP? I stole something from the Starship trooper RPG (d20 style), Where everyone begins with their constitution in hp and gets 1 or 2 extra points each level. What I did was to give everyone their constitution+a bonus from their class at 1st level, and then a half the 1st level bonus+their constitution modifier after that. So a 1st level barbarian and a 1st level wizard both with 10 constitution get 20 and 12 respectively. The bonuses went like this: Barbarian 10/5, fighter/paladin/ranger/defender 8/4, cleric/druid/monk 6/3, bard/thief 4/2, and wizards/sorcerers/warlocks/wizard variants 2/1. So a 20th level wizard with 10 con has 10+2+19hp (31 hp), while a 20th level barbarian with 10 con has 10+10+95hp (115hp), while a fighter with 10 con has 10+8+76hp (94hp), a cleric with 10 con has 10+6+57hp (73hp), and the thief with 10 con has 10+4+38hp (52 hp). This means that the meat shields have a nice large amount of hp that scales quickly, while wizards have a low amount at all levels. Looking at this I might go back and change the numbers to be slightly higher for thieves, bards and primary arcane spellcasters, so they can survive more at high levels (need a way to make the defender good at defending, maybe a 5th level ability that lets him taunt as a free action).

Edit: the sorcerers spells per day look a bit weird at the high levels, is that spells per encounter the roll?
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2009-12-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.