Quote Originally Posted by awa View Post
i was considering combining a couple of the weaker feats such as run and endurance and improved unarmed and improved grapple to make them more appealing to characters.
would this make them to good?

Also i was considering doing something about feats like stealth perhaps increasing the bonus to +3.
what do pepole think?
I generally roll any feat that begins with the words 'Improved' or 'Greater' into the base feat, and add a 'special' line to the base feat stating that you only get the increased benefit when you meet all the prerequisites you would have needed for the improved version of the feat. For example:

PRECISE SHOT [Fighter, General]
You are skilled at timing and aiming ranged attacks.
Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot.
Benefit: You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard -4 penalty on your attack roll.
Special: If you also have Dex 19 or better and base attack bonus +11 or better, you ignore cover and concealment, and when firing into a grapple you never hit the wrong target. Total cover and total concealment still provide their normal benefits against your ranged attacks.

This begins to correct a balance problem between casters and non-casters (spells scale in power as you level up, but feats don't), and allows melee types to take advantage of good ideas that were poorly executed in the rules (such as improved two-weapon fighting and greater two-weapon fighting, or bounding assault and rapid blitz). Naturally the monsters get the same benefits too if they take these feats. It works nicely.