Quote Originally Posted by Merk View Post
This is pretty awesome. One suggestion about the DR: Consider making it DR/Warheart, to reflect its martial inclinations. High level adventurers are likely to carry enchanted weapons, but might not be as likely to have warheart weapons. You can rule that this type of DR is Extraordinary in nature, and perhaps also rule that all martial maneuvers (regardless of whether they are delivered via a warheart weapon) bypass this kind of DR.
Thanks for the advice but that would still feel suppernatural to me at least. It is a good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos
Another question: do they still have wings?
Winglessness is stated in the italic flavour text. And I've been convinced that I was right to make them flightless.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei
Thank you for giving me credit... but it would also be nice to know what I did in the first place.

If it was swapping out the frightful presence, then that was in my turn inspired by the Dragon Ascendant PrC in Draconomicon.
Actually I had already decided to do that...and had to change the name as mundane presence was now taken. Its actually just simple stuff I should have worked out eventually anyway, like I knew that I couldn't give it scorcerer spells but you replaced the progression with that of an adept which I hadn't scene done before (even though I did know gem dragons) and I realised, "I can do that to!"

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei
You probably need to explicitly state that their natural weapons are considered associated for all disciplines.
Planned to do that for all warblde disciplines and forgot. Do you really think it should be all?

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero
wyrm of war
Template I'm not familliar with/have forgotten about?

Quote Originally Posted by GoC
Just change the CR to be that of a greater dragon (like a red or silver) and tone down the SR appropriately. The great wyrm wouldn't even be a speedbump to a level 30 party.
Sure it's tough but at epic levels? Even CR 27 is a stretch for it (just so you know, all metallic dragons and the red dragons qualify for epic spellcasting at great wyrm).
If you think so. I tried using The Vorple Tribble's and Fax_Celestis' CR calculators but either I made some errors or they don't work as effectively for very high CRs. I looked at it and thought "surely that can't be right" but I knew that dragons are normally considered under CR'ed and this is a pretty wierd dragon. I kind of wanted them to have a huge SR though as it's kind of their schtick.