1. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: MitD II: Lighting a candle in the Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Frightful presence: "It takes effect automatically when the creature performs some sort of dramatic action (such as charging, attacking, or snarling)."
    Such an imposing creature, even doing nothing, is suposed to have some effect on people who see it! Off the rules effect.

As an adult. Which he cannot possibly be, if he has been starved from power. If he has not, then he needs to be gargantuan in size.
    My thesis, stretched yeah, is that he has become an adult intellectually now thanks to recent events, yet not grown physically.

As far as I know, dragons can speak right out the egg. And these are Stereotyped Big Game Hunters. By their very name, they know everything about hunting and the creatures, down to the most absurd little detail. That is what stereotypical Game Hunters are.
    I have no idea how dragons learn to speak, but really I supose every creature is thaught to speak by others, unless specified.

Stereotyped big game hunters may be experts in details of stereotyped hunting animals.

Would it be a big "stretch" to asume that in Rich's world Prismatic Dragons have the same size as other dragons (therefore are born Large), and must learn to talk like everyone else? It would be a larger stretch that assuming that this is what people watching in the circus experienced:

Worst Nightmare (Su)
    Each time a living creature first views a specific dream larva from a distance of 30 feet or less (or from a scrying effect), the subject sees the image of the most fearsome creature imaginable. This is not an illusion or phantasm; the dream larva truly becomes, for just that instant, the subject’s worst nightmare. Even if simultaneously viewed by dozens of different creatures, the dream larva appears differently to each one of them. Creatures immune to fear or mind-affecting effects (or warded by protection from evil or death ward spells) are immune to worst nightmare; all others must make a Will save (DC 43) or die from the supernatural horror revealed. Survivors (and those resurrected) are immune to the effect from that individual dream larva in the future. The DC is Charisma-based.

Also, from SRD: All epic dragons speak Draconic.
    Last edited by DavidBV; 2010-01-20 at 04:03 PM.