1. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House Rules: Mine and What do ya'll have? [3.5/PF]

Spoiler
    Show
    -No Multiclassing penalties. They're just annoying and play heavily on stereotypes.
    -Skills involving social interaction are out; any interaction with NPCs is Roleplay-based.
    -Unarmed attacks deal lethal damage, threaten surrounding squares, and do not trigger AoOs. Concequently, Improved Unarmed Strike does not exist.
    -No godslaying. Sorry, but you can't stab sentient metaphysical concepts in the face.
    -Aid Another doesn't do anything. Mainly because it's too bloody vague. "I aid him." "How?" "By AIDING."
    -Withdraws and 5-foot steps trigger AoOs like any other movement action within threatened squares.
    -For starting ability scores, players roll 5d6b3. They may reroll as many times as they like, but they must reroll the entire set each time.
    -RAW is always secondary to Rule 0.
    -Cross-classing must be done in-character. For example, if a rogue decided to become a fighter, he must seek out a professional trainer or join the military. He can't simply pick up a greatsword and call it a day.
    -Penalties from heavy armor and heavy loads stack.
    -Greataxes deal 2d6 damage, not 1d12. Similarly, Scythes deal 1d8 damage, not 2d4. This is to keep scaling consistant.
    -No Use Magic Device. You cannot "fake" magic.

These are just in general, mind. Campaign-specific rules get alot more convoluted.
    Last edited by Drakevarg; 2010-02-01 at 12:09 AM.
    If asked the question "how can I do this within this system?" answering with "use a different system" is never a helpful or appreciated answer.

ENBY