1. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: "Would you serve in Heaven, or rule in Hell?" [PrC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    To paraphrase a number of versions of fictionalised Lucifer:

"tis better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven? Whoever said that was an idiot. It's horrible down here, everyone's a jerk, they're all trying to betray you and "ruling" is like trying to heard a large number of damn wilful cats!"

The last sentence on Sword and Soul doesn't make sense. I think I know what you intended [caster level for effects rather than spells known/slots available] but that's not conveyed clearly.

Why would True Transcendence make you immune to a sword swung by the paladin during the Smite attempt? Also, your example at the end with Protection from Evil is mangled because the deflection and save bonuses are both applicable only to attacks from Evil critters...

Finally, i'm not clear on how a daeva is supposed to behave. Every example of a "moral vacuum" in real life always comes down to Lawful Neutral with strong Evil tendencies in D&D absolute terms...[see Lawyers, Soldiers and various others].
    I am... very off my game lately. This is my first PrC since December, and rusty is putting it lightly. I'll go back and try to clarify/make coherent all the things that are more accurately described as 'what nonsense threw up'.
    Also this is supposed to be a meager attempt at allowing someone to play as a character that need not worry about alignment. How the character acts is based on their character, not their alignment. Sure they might end up being one alignment or another, but not mechanically.

Edit:
    Oh, so I've been reading magic circle against evil wrong this whole time. The deflection bonus only applies to the appropriate alignment, and I've had it in my head this whole time that it being an improved version, grants a coverall deflection bonus.
    Edit 2: Oh, it was holy aura. Editing.
    Edit 3!: Okay! So I'm tired and confused, but I had a moment of sheer clarity and I can explain the smite thing. It's because the weapon is so charged with holy energy that they are capable of ignoring it entirely just from the goodness imbued in the steel. The fire however, is from some Neutral McWizardington or Boris the Artificer, but no matter the alignment of the fire-power's creator, the fire itself is without alignment and still capable of burning the daeva.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2010-02-24 at 05:42 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf