1. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: "Would you serve in Heaven, or rule in Hell?" [PrC]

Yes, I'm pretty sure Dragoon's right on the source. That's what I first thought of. Reading it right now. Also, in BoVD, the quote is attributed to Milton

Mulletman, I take issue with your example of moral vacuum. Firstly, soldiers and lawyers, more often than many other professions, are motivated by good. Also, being above the alignment system does not necessarily mean a moral vacuum. For example, Good/Bad generally reflects tendencies towards altruism/hedonism, but ignores disjoint moralities such as egotism/objectivism and eudaimonia. Neutral doesn't capture these tendencies because it tends to represent people that try to be altruistic, but sometimes don't really care, apathetes, and morally struggling characters. Similarly, Law/Chaos generally represents the Deontological/Teleological debate. Yes, it's a bit hard to be a Deontological Hedon (LE), but this alignment seems a bit more about a evil character's officious vanity instead of moral sentiments. There's less of an escape from the Deontological/Teleological axis, but you could argue that people have rights to freedom from compulsion, but no rule-like duties to others

True Transcendance is an interesting ability. A smart PC will try to pry into the minds of others who may have recently seen the Daeva or accomplices, vice the mind of the Daeva itself.
    Last edited by lost_my_NHL; 2010-02-24 at 07:32 PM.
    ex scientia tridens

A blast from the past... The town was barely established; the Mafia and Police battled for control of the new place; Trogs Tavern, Sneak, Dragon Temples, shops...