[I finally managed to find something interesting in that pile of written refuse commonly known as outgoing Combine transmissions. Enjoy.]

Spoiler
Show

Complaints regarding Mr. Henderson's Resource Allocation.

Dear Dr. Breen.

I know I'm just a humble metrocop, and I'm really honored to be sent to a major research facility like this one. I mean, sure I got the "Most Citizens Beaten" award three months running, but that seldom gets one an opportunity like this.

Still, there do seem to be certain, well, eccentricities regarding the command staff. If you wouldn't mind, here is a list of the most odd actions.

1) There is a train installed in the underground areas of this base with a loop taking only around a minute. When I asked Henderson about it, he only replied with "I like trains." Now, I like trains as well, but is that really a good use of resources?

2) Although we have a fully stocked armory, Henderson insists on placing crates throughout the facility filled with ammunition, medical supplies, and weapons. Furthermore, he stated in a memorandum it was to make the place feel more "Christmassy". Didn't we abolish Christmas?

3) He keeps pet headcrabs throughout the research area, only debeaking half of them, to "keep you all on your toes."

Overwatch agent 527 died due to this negligence last Tuesday. Although his loss is only a minor drain on manpower, and a boon to morale, this is probably not a good trend to be setting.

Could you talk to him about this sort of thing? He's already making plans for headcrab rockets, which seem kind of... insane.

Sincerely

Robert Odinkirk, metrocop

Dear Bob.

I saw your little note to Breen. This response note is to inform you that your attempts to start a rebellion and STEAL CHRISTMAS were foiled.

Enjoy the Stalker pods.

Sincerely

Mr. Henderson

[I make no comments on the reliability of my source for this one. Don't believe everything you read.]