Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
Closed Mind says "You cannot take or use this feat if you have the ability to use powers (if you have a power point reserve or psi-like abilities)." So I'd be explicit that taking levels in this class does not make you lose Closed Mind. Otherwise you are going to get weird issues. I'd also consider letting Psionic Hole qualify instead of Closed Mind, especially given the fluff of Psionic Hole.

I'm concerned about the class. While the number of skill points required is very high, the total number of ranks you need in any given skill is not. Thus, I can qualify for this class at 5th level with something like Factotum 3/Monk 2 (presumably taking the Monk levels before the Factotum levels). That means that I get 9th level powers at 15th level. That's a problem. Even if you need to use some tricks to bump manifester level to do it that's going to be an issue. (Practiced Manifester and Overchannel would be enough and the damage would be easy to handle. Even with con burn there's a lot of cheese I can do with 9th level powers.

Edit: And with con drain there are a lot of ways of handling it. Restoration would be the obvious one as would a 1 level dip into Binder to bind Naberius. Monk 2/Binder 1/Factotum 2 has no trouble qualifying either.
For the bolded part: 9th level powers at 15th level are not, actually, a very big deal. People regularly hit 9th level powers by 13th for the Test of Spite, for instance.

I'd call the need to go Monk 2/Factotum 3 to enter the class in a timely fashion a fair tradeoff, personally. The character builder program I typically use still counts Autohypnosis and Psicraft as cross-class for a Factotum, so either that's in error or you're using a 3rd feat besides two less than ideal choices to get in 'on time'; that seems another balancing factor.

Yes, there are ways to 'game the system' with the class; I'm not convinced that makes it necessarily a problem. I'm especially dubious of that in light of the comparative class for Psywarp, the Ur-Priest. If I've built this at roughly the same level as the latter, I've aimed about right. If it's grossly over or under that mark, that, to me, is the issue.