1. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Hello. I think this is a really awesome thread and idea, and I wanted to contribute so... I tried my hand at statting the drider.

It's not complete because I wasn't sure what class skills and proficiencies to give it but I wanted to show what I had done, at the very least to know if I was doing any good. so, here it is.

Drider

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+ 0| +2 | Drider body, poison
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+ 0| +3 | Soul of Magic (+1), Drider perception powers
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | Arcane resistance
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Soul of Magic (+2), Drider light and darkness powers
    5|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Growth, +2 con
    6|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Soul of Magic (+3), spit poison
    7|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Drider utility powers

[/table]

Skills: The drow get 2+int modifier skill points each level, x4 at first level. His class skills are Climb (str), concentration (con), hide (dex), listen (wis), Move silently (dex) and spot (wis).

Proefeciencies:The drider is proficient with simple weapons, but no armor or shield

Features
    Drider body : At 1st level, the Drider loses all other racial bonus and gets aberration traits. He’s a medium-sized aberration with a base speed of 30ft and a climb speed equal to half of his land speed. He gains a natural bite attack causing 1d6+str damage, It gains a +4 bonus in Hide and Move silently and also have +8 bonus to all climb checks and can always take 10 in that last skill, even if rushed or threatened. Finally, he has a natural armor bonus equal to his con modifier.

Poison : The drider can inject poison in his victims on a successful bite attack. Fort DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier, initial and secondary damage 1d3 strength. For every other HD after that, the initial and secondary damage grows by one size.

Soul of magic: The drider gains the ability to cast spells as a wizard, cleric or sorcerer of a level equal to its drider level-1. The drider must choose one of those choices when he gains this ability and cannot change his choice later on. He also gains a +1 to the ability that governs his spellcasting.
    At level 4, the bonus becomes +2, and then it grows to +3 at level 6.

Drider perception powers: The Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: clairaudience/clairvoyance, detect good, detect law, detect magic. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.
    At each three extra HD, the drider gains an additional use of these SLAs.

Arcane resistance: The drider gains spell resistance equal to 10+his HD.

Drider light and darkness powers: the Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: dancing light, darkness, faerie light. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.

Growth: The Drider grows to large size.

Spit poison: the Drider can now apply his poison in any weapon he has held as a move action. This poison lasts 1 hour per HD or until used, whichever comes first.

Drider utility powers: the Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: Dispel magic, levitate, suggestion. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.
    At 11 HD, the dispel magic SLA is replaced by greater dispel magic.

*the stat used in these abilities is the one that governs the spellcasting of the drider in question (int for wizards, wis for clerics and cha for sorcerers).
    Last edited by I_am_an_undead; 2010-03-27 at 09:07 PM.