1. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: Nethergate: Ressurection as the Celts

Party Creation

Spoiler
    Show

I settled on the names Myndes, Bruce, Lachlan and Ciaran. Of the four, Bruce sounds most like a fighter to me so he gets to be the swordsman.

Now, in Avernum I use a fairly standard band of four: Fighter; Thief; Priest; Mage. This is kinda what I am doing here. Except Celts don't get the Tool Use skill, so they have to use magic to open locks. Also, there's no read distinction between mage and priest. So Myndes, Lachlan and Ciaran are all druids

Bruce, as the fighter, goes in slot one. I put almost all his skill points in the basic skills of Strength, Dexterity and Endurance. I give him the traits of Mighty Warrior (he's the only one I've got, so he better be good), and Strong Back ('cause he's the only one with more than 1 strength). Celt 1 comes with some Woodscraft that can't be removed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Myndes, my personal avatar, is the first druid. For some reason Celt 2 gets the most available skill points. Like all my druids, Myndes has 3 ranks of Druidism and all 5 circles, and 4 ranks of intelligence. Unlike the others he has 2 endurance. All my druids have Druid Mastery, Myndes also has Faerie Blood.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lachlan has the Limitless Energy trait, and comes with 2 ranks in barter,
    Spoiler
    Show

while Ciaran has small skill in Herbcraft and a Faerie Familiar.
    Spoiler
    Show

Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are a young group of warriors, proud members of the Brigantes tribe, in the middle of the isle of Britannia (as the Romans call it).

The Romans came to your isle a few decades earlier, and they never left. These savage conquerors handily defeated tribe after tribe, forcing them to bow to their far distant emperor. The nation of the Brigantes is at the farthest border of their possessions. They call you a client state, and your queen, Cartimandua, obeys them in all things.

Your chief, who has never given you special notice before, takes you to his hut where you meet four warriors you have never seen before. They greet you warmly.

Your chief says, "You are to go with these men. They will take you to the village of Nethergate." You've never heard of it. "Once there, obey their chief as if he were me."

"You have been summoned, young warrior. They asked for you specifically. I know not why. Know this, though. You have the chance to do great things for your people."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me or does it look like I should swap Myndes' and Ciaran's sprites?
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2010-04-16 at 07:05 PM.