Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfrog View Post
WBL?

I fear the acronym escapes me.

I was considering a straight druid, though being a Druid 7/Wizard 3 Theurge in time would be interesting.

casting wizard spells while in rhinocerous form could be kindve cool.
You don't get Wildshape as a Theurge; it only advances your casting from Druid, nothing else. Another reason not to do it (and your Wildshape would be much worse anyways; Arcane Hierophant gets it but you're still 3 levels behind in Forms and Large Wildshape and Wildshape attempts and so on).

WBL = Wealth By Level; that is, I'm assuming you won't be horribly poorer than the rest of the PCs and if you will, I suggest you find a means to generate some extra fund; as a spellcaster, there are plenty (just selling your services gets you nice funds).

Overall, Druid 8 is precisely what you want. He has some very wizardly casting anyways, though not as impressive but still plenty versatile and powerful. Wizard has stronger casting, of course, but Druid isn't that far behind and as such, you should get the same feel by going straight Druid.

I strongly suggest against damage spells though due to your level being so far behind; you can do more damage with just attacks anyways. Feats that either improve your melee (Multiattack for Wildshape, Power Attack, Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, etc.), or casting (Extend Spell, Quicken Spell, Spell Penetrations, Augment Summoning) and generally useful stuff like Crafts are things that wouldn't be troubled by the level difference. As long as you pick Natural Spell on 6 and use Armor on AC and some form of defense on yourself though, you're fine. Spellcasting Bears are scary, and twice as scary when they can also eat your face.