Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
Also, while I'm procrastinating on it, I was planning on giving other giants different abilities than smash, crush & trample, so the Hill Giant feels distinct. I don't know where the Firbolg is from, but if it doesn't get trample normally, then perhaps something else? It seems as though it has enough druidic background to keep it interesting without adding such.
It has trample at 8th level on my class as well on the MM II entry from where it came. Mind you the original monster isn't that hot since like all giants the normal version barely has abilities.

Also, well, trample is kinda of an iconic giant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
But I'm open to suggestions or OP's oversight as far as the design of the giant line goes.
Giants should have powers related to their theme (fire, earth, wind, water, heart, by your powers combined I'm captain giant planet!eerr, nevermind the last one).

But they also should get a touch of GIANT SMASH! on them since giants shouldn't be big for nothing. When you see a giant, regardless of it's race, you should fear he can literally run over you!