Quote Originally Posted by TabletopNuke View Post
Definitely.

I'm not sure how the best way to dole out skill points in play would look. On one hand, it would make for a ton more bookkeeping if they get skill points in-game. What about a small XP award for crit success on skill rolls?

Whoa! 1 skill point costing half as much as your next level? Where did you get those numbers from?

I don't know nearly enough about piloting tanks/aircraft to be much help with the maneuvering rules (I don't even know how to drive yet). I might be able to help you streamline them so the mechanic isn't to complicated, though.
I had a funny idea, the reason why everyday humans don't level up is because they spend all their experience on skillpoints!

A group will be in trouble if no-one can drive a car, and it will be fun when everyone is piled in a car, shooting at enemies driving along side with their revolvers, but the driver has his driving ranks in a unrelated char, taking penalties and improvising to stay alive.

Imp, lets go simple with these driving rules, that or someone needs to write up a quick reference sheet.

And we really should have a initiative for driver and vehicle, otherwise the driver will get bored. Imp, your mechanics are great though, lets try to streamline. But I find driving mechanics in all other games overcomplicated, the rules should be easy to remember, takes everything into account, and versatile.

I would lower the xp amount for a single skill point, that or grant a specilized XP for receiving training.

ALSO: Up for consideration: Allow taking a standard action inbetween a move action.