View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] [PEACH] The Fighter: A Fix

1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [3.5] [PEACH] The Fighter: A Fix (or something of the sort)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian 9th View Post
    Okay, all of the builds above just got much better.

Mounted Maneouvers is kinda Meh: Perhaps...

Lance and Sword
    You thunder towards the enemy, skewering your target on your lance. Even as your foes react, you have drawn your sword and are hacking into them.
    Requires Quick Draw
    You may attack with a quick drawn sword at the end of a mounted charge in addition to your lance attack. You must have your sword hand free to use this ability.

Thundering Charge
    No enemy can stand in your way. You are a tidal wave of martial power, sweeping aside the enemy with no resistance.
    Requires Trample
    When you make a mounted charge, you may make a free intimidate check against anyone in your path. If you succeed, the intimidated enemy may not take attacks of opportunity against you, and if they have readied an action to attack you when you charge (or similar) they may not do so.

Mount and Rider Bond
    Your mount and you have a closer bond than before. Your devotion to each other knows few limits.
    Your mount receives the benefit of your mettle and bravery abilities. In addition, it may be pushed as if it was a druid's animal companion.

Mounted Tactics
    Your expertise with mounted combat has reached new hieghts.
    You receive another +1 bonus for being higher up (total +2), and you may use the combat expertise and power attack feats (Including their penalties) with your mount. For example, the rider directs his mount to use power attack. The mount's base attack for this purpose is equal to your own.

I wouldn't give Mounted Combat and the like as bonus feats, because, you don't get a fighter ability till after 1st level and you'll already have those feats.

On archery, I'm not sure. Vital Aim (Dragon Mag) and Dead-eye would be cool.
    Hmm... I like some of these. Mount and Rider bond is definitely a higher level ability, so maybe an Improved Fighter Ability.

Mounted tactics is nice. I'll put that as a Fighter Ability.

Lance and Sword? If that's going ahead, we should make other weapon styles. But it's cool.

With Thundering Charge, I don't think it should have to be mounted. Nor should trample be a perquisite in my opinion. I don't see what they have to do with each other...

Edit: Added Mount and Rider Bond as an Improved Fighter Ability, and Mounted Tactics as a Fighter Ability.
    Last edited by Samm; 2010-09-11 at 01:24 AM.