1. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

First of all spell progression is not arbitrary.
    It is based directly on the formula of CR = Level, and the Living Spell’s CR.

Spoiler
    Show
    CR= Highest Level Spell +1/2 Caster level.

Because the caster level should always = HD, and the Level always =CR
    And Level is going to equal HD...

HD= Highest level spell +1/2 HD

Or

½ HD= Highest level of spell.

If multiple spells exist

CR= Highest level of spell+ ½ the sum of the additional spells (Min +1) +1/2 HD

So again

HD= Highest Level of Spell +1/2 additional spells +1/2 HD

Or

½ HD= Highest level of Spell + (1/2 addititonal spells)

As for the metamagic feat versions of the Living spell this was both recommended, and does not really break away from the original Living spell.

Granted, Descriptor immunity and School resistance and ‘Relearn’ are new, and perhaps school resistance is a bit much, but other than that the class follows the living spell’s progressions.

Perhaps with less bonuses to charisma it would seem less broken. And perhaps you could limit the number of times per day the Living spell could affect creatures by it’s spells, but that seem to defeat the point of a Living spell.

The language is difficult, especially around the Primary Spell Slot and Secondary Spell slot area, and help with it would be appreciated, I struggle in simplifying such things.

Flarbot: The living spell template specifically states that two spells can be made into a living spell. And it has no restriction on using the same spell twice. Honestly I hadn’t thought of this, but it is easily mended.
    I forgot to mention that only Area and Effect spells were legal, but There is a recommendation list for ‘Legal spells’ as that the Living Spell’s own Template has some Legal Spells that either don’t make sense or are broken.

As for living Miracle, I figured this would be better than allowing players to play the CR 18 creature that a Living Miracle would actually be.

Would increasing the time it takes to change out it’s spells represented balance this, or limit it to a number of times per day?
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-09-25 at 12:07 PM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...