1. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Many Facets Of Darkness- DM's Campaign log [Eberron, 3.5]

]Between meetings 2 & 3

I was pondering what to do with Layla's player, when he contacted me. He apologized for how he reacted, and the ruining of everyone's fun. he suggested to leave the party. (he is the guy to resort to extremes unfortunately). I convinced him to try and talk things over with the group, which he did, and they all want him in the group, just to confirm to what the majority says, and be less of an ass.

I insisted he change character to something he actually likes, and feels good with. let me worry about the lack of healer (this in fact presented interesting opportunities. ). He agreed, not liking the up and coming necromancer (even with the Fury's skeleton, which was more powerful than anyone in the group. phew!) what character? wait till the session.

Red's players continued investigations on the 3 patrons through emails with me. he couldn't find much info about the guy who approached Google (Eldeen Reaches job, "In service of the crown"). Red flirted with Edmund and got little more information, mostly the Edmund seemed sincere that his master (whomever it was) is concerned about Khorvaire's fate.As to Lady Auressia, Red pretty much confirmed what he heard, with the added tidbit that she was vocal in her opposition about Aundair's participation in the Last War, before she disappeared for awhile, just to return to her Adventurers funding venture.

Spoiler: the Party's choice. don't read if you want to be surprised.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The party had an interesting discussion over the Emails, which i was glad to see. But in the end it was fairly one sided. Google wanted to follow the Prophecy, he felt it was important. Danves thought that if they can get a weapon against the insects, it would be best to get it before exploring any of the other avenues (though i did warn the players they might not have time to explore all..) and Layla's player (true, his character wasn't in the discussion, but it affected him as well) preferred the mission to Darguun on the basis of: like goblinoids, hate druids, hate weird Mournland stuff.

Red wished to explore the Mournland, due to her personal reasons, and because she felt time was ticking, and the sooner the party learned what the bugs were for, the better. Ipix's player joined the discussion way too late and was just annoyed "the tomb? i hate undead! poison doesn't work on them! (various annoyed curses)"

So, off to Darguun. whatever could go wrong?
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2011-10-27 at 05:37 PM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!