1. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "I live to serve, master." [3.5 Monster PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    Another problem catch: they have skill points but no class skills if they're built with construct HD. Maybe give them a bare-bones default class skill list, and add extra class skills to their list with the various skill-type specializations? Bodyguard, Espionage, Professional, and Research would presumably each add the affected skills to the class skill list for the Servant's construct HD, while Skillful might add two to four of your choice (two for the extra skill points, with the extra to give you flexibility with the inherent skill points of their HD and intelligence.)

Also, as written, Skillful adds the Living Servant's Int bonus again each time it's taken. Since there's a cap for their skill points per HD, this just means that Living Servants will reach their skill cap in fewer picks of the Skillful specialization, but it has the look of a C&P error or typo about it.
    Ah, that's a good idea. I'm not sure what to give them as 'class skills' right off the bat, though. Do you have any suggestions?

As for the Skillful wording, that is a big problem. I'm not sure how to write it out though. How about "Increase the skill points received at each level/HD by 2, quadruple at first level/HD. They cannot receive more then (8 + Int modifier, quadruple for first level) skill points from any specific level/HD."?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouranos View Post
    This is quickly becoming a flesh golem variant of Warforged.. hint hint?
    I don't have access to the Warforged, or a flesh golem for that matter. I'm afraid I don't follow. It's intended to be a construct that can pass itself off as a humanoid, usually acting as a butler/maid but revealing it's true colors as a capable bodyguard when their master is threatened.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-10-03 at 05:51 PM.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.