View Single Post

Thread: Statuary Gardens (Figurines)

1. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Statuary Gardens (Figurines)

Since i finished up Suwako before the weekend, i had some spare time to mess around with. I figure i have enough stuff for an update.

First, a sketch figu:
    Spoiler
    Show

So it's (at least pretending to be) a mecha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    You can blame it on that link .
    A bit slimmer and sleeker in design than the inspiration*. Still not sure if it looks all that much like a mecha.

*The linked video showcases a mecha-ization of the Touhou character Utsuho Reuji made from Gundam mecha miniatures. I'm stupid enough to try to build something similar from scratch at some future point, this sketch is sort-of testing whether it's a reasonable goal to aim for .

I also have something i made after i got sick of making those disembodied practice heads:
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh hey, moar Touhou. Who'd have guessed ?
    Patchouli Knowledge making her second appearence, still not as a full figurine. Made from the leftover materials from Suwako.

Still, nobody has made any other suggestions, and Touhou forces me to practice faces(eyes), hands, hair and overcomplex clothing.
    All things i have little experience with, so it's good practice .

IMO the eyes are looking a bit better, though making them more of a 'rounded-square' in shape would probably help.

I keep the hats separate from the figurines, so shenanigans can be had:

Edit: noted and applied . No more subspoilers from now on. I just have some semi-compulsive organizing tendencies .
    Edit2: I just realised there's pretty much nothing in the pics to give you guys a sense of scale. The height doesn't really tell much, not everyone keeps a tapemeasure handy. So here's Patchy in my palm. Her head is about the same size as the others, so that should give a good idea of their size.
    Spoiler
    Show

*Mandatory "It's too dangerous to go alone, take this!" joke here*
    Last edited by IncoherentEssay; 2010-10-12 at 12:06 PM.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!