View Single Post

Thread: difficult player, what to do?

1. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: difficult player, what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    my groups have never been required to submit their characters to me prior to play, this is partly because we've yet to have anyone even capable of powergaming or munchkinism (either do to a lack of resources, ability, or will) and thus I do not request them, this state of affairs will continue whenever I sit behind the screen until someone shows me I can't trust them with that, at which point they will be required to submit every build to me in advance, which will most likely be put up here for a 'cheese examination'
    Woah, that's a long sentence. Yeah, I've never required players to have me approve their chars(in RL games). I give them the rules for char creation, and they're trusted to follow them.

However, character sheets are not considered exceptionally private. If I wanted to see something on them, I'd just ask. Once or twice, I've gathered everyones sheets for things like collecting AC, spot modifier, etc for general use in combat. Never been an issue.

It's not that optimization is the problem...it's the player not willing to work with others that's the problem.

Edit: Yeah, I feel that people jump too quickly to assume judgement. I pretty much assume that EVERYONE is talking about their personal experiences whenever they mention "standard" or "average", unless they specify differently.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2010-10-11 at 09:26 AM.