1. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Prologue/Mission 1: Liberation Day

Update 1: In Which This Update Has Always Been In A Single-Spoiler Format And Had Update Titles, With No Evidence of Retcons

Liberation Day:
    Spoiler
    Show

April 13th, 2504:

Dear Diary:

Itís just not fair! I put in all those extra hours for the network. Iím the one who did the groundwork for the exclusive on that new military expansion initiative. I worked overtime putting together the briefs for last monthís special on alien ruins for the Tourism Board. But do I get the open nighttime anchor slot after Johnny dies from Erewhonese Melting Flu? No, of course it goes to that prissy witch Kate! Iíve always been a better reporter than her, Diary, but Iíve only got one thing she doesnít Ė ethics. You and I both know what she must have been doing to get that anchor spot, but now itís hers, and Iím still stuck here. You just watch, though, cause Iím going to show her, and UNN too. Iíve got an idea thatíll land me the scoop of the century!
    -Nora

September 25th, 2504
    Dear Diary:
    I did it! I did it I did it I did it! It took me five months, but I actually managed to find Raynorís Raiders! My boss thinks Iím on medical leave, heehee. Nope, I ran myself off a set of fake documents and headed out to the fringe, pretending to be a reporter from Kel-Moria. It took a while, but I finally got in touch with someone who knew someone who knew how to find Jim Raynor and his terrorists. Told them I was looking to write a report on Raynorís fight against the Emperor and, well, now Iíve got my own little cabin on his flying tin can of a flagship around Mar Sara. I guess theyíre so desperate for someone to be a voice in their favor that they donít care who it is anymore. I even got to meet Mr. Raynor himself when they brought me aboard, and to be honest, Diary, I donít know how heís even still alive. He smells like he takes a bath in cheap whiskey every morning, I canít imagine how much he drinks. What a gentleman, though! Called me ďMiss ColbyĒ and everything, and that captain of his, heís sooooo dreamy!
    -Nora

October 2nd, 2504:
    Ooh, ooh, here we go! Mr. Raynorís leading a bunch of his soldiers on an actual terrorist thingymajig, and I get to follow along! Apparently they donít like the Dominion setting up shop here Ė Raynor used to live here or something; so theyíre going to some dinky little town called Backwater Station and trashing the Dominion HQ there.

Hereís me, donít I look great? They were nice enough to give me a spare suit of armor they had lying aroundÖI didnít ask what happened to its old owner. Kinda drab though, Iíll have to spruce it up, maybe paint it pink if I can find some paint.

I followed Mr. Raynor and his men down the road a bit, and we ran into a couple of Dominion guards at a roadblock. They tried to arrest him, of course, and the Raiders just started shooting them! Genuine war crimes right in front of my camera! Iím going to be rich.

Every house we passed was all closed up and dark, though, kinda creepy almost. I did meet one guy sitting on the street, but he could only babble about his Ďfriends and familyí. I guess all the rest of them ran away because they knew the Raiders were coming, but he was too stupid to run.

After murdering loyal Dominion troopers, common vandalism seems kinda petty for terrorists. But Raynorís still ordering his men to blow up every one of Emperor Mengskís holo-projectors they can find. Must be jealous of the Emperorís good looks.

We caught up with the civilians at last Ė some guards were protecting them as they piled onto a transport truck, probably to get them to safety. One of them spotted Raynor and, well, Iím not sure what happened next, cause a bug flew into my helmetÖI guess keeping the visor open so I donít sweat too much isnít good. But when I looked up again, all the guards were dead, along with one of the civilians. He must have gotten caught in the crossfire, poor guy.

The townsfolk were all happy to see Raynor, for some reason Ė maybe they donít watch UNN out here? Only ignorant hicks without decent TV wouldnít know the man is a dangerous lunatic terrorist. Or maybe theyíre lunatics too Ė all he did was talk to them, and the next thing you know, theyíre forming a riot mob and storming the Dominion base! I got footage of it too, more proof that Jim Raynor is a monster for using innocent civilians as decoys and bullet shields against the baseís defenders. They didnít seem bothered by it, though. Maybe itís something in the water.

Party Time!

Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-10-29 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.