View Single Post

Thread: The Worldrender, 3.5 Base Class

1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Worldrender, 3.5 Base Class

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost
    Well, that is an extremely fascinating concept you've got there, I must say.
    Thanks, Bluey. :)

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman123
    an attack action is the same as a standard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tael
    Incorrect. You use multiple Attack actions in a full attack for example.
    Correct-didn't I say that? (confused) I'll add it in, if not.

You have a typo in the very first bit of italized fluff "toughs kin" should be "tough skin".
    Rends need a range... if you didn't intend them to require even LOS then they are broken.
    Mixing rends in with normal attacks allows you to use them with the last attack in your routine (for instance) without any decrease to the effectiveness of the rend. If you consider this a problem, I suggest reducing the DC of the rend by half of the amount that the attack replaced is below the Worldrender's highest attack bonus. I used this method for my True Master of Nine class (see my full list of homebrew for a link).
    The rend that deals hp damage as if it was an Inflict spell needs to be re-written for clarity.
    Yeah, I just noticed the first bit. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Class, under the title 'Rends'
    However, unless specified, they may also be used at a range of 10ft per point of Charisma modifier the user possesses.
    :)
    They still require a roll to hit. I'll clarify that-the only ones that don't are those which change to an AoE.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Jester
    Looks pretty interesting, but how about filling those dead levels (fluff abilities, maybe a few bonus feats, nothing too major)?

Also, the save DC should be 10 + half class level + Cha if you want to keep it in line with other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster
    Actually all those dead levels have a pretty huge increase in both Total Rend Levels/Day and Rends Known, so I don't think it's really an issue here.

But really wow this class is such a unique concept and it is obvious that you put so much work in this! This is awesome!
    Yeah, dead levels all have a new Rend level available.

No, it's the level of the rend-like how spells use the spell's level in their calculation.

And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti
    Interesting. Very interesting.

*Bookmarks*
    Thank you :)

What's the difference between a Rending weapon and a standard weapon?
    You say worldrenders are proficient in simple weapons and "any one Rending weapon", but never explain what a Rending weapon is.
    Derp.
    It originally used Slashes rather than Rends. I did a find/replace for the word slash-it should say slashing weapon.

ALSO,
    If anyone wants to suggest more Rends or Enhancements, I'd love more. I was going to give them one every level, but I couldn't think of enough Rends. XD
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-11-11 at 05:09 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.