1. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Life in Hell [Community Worldbuilding Project]

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre_Born View Post
    I like the Prestige Class a lot, once it's fleshed out it'll be a good compliment to the emotion drugs. If you want to start a thread for it, or post it on the Phasma thread, we can start working on it, and get the class and drugs working together well.
    I posted it here becuse I wasn`t sure if it would fit the phasma thread, and it`s too setting specific to open a separate thread for it.

I'm also thinking of a feat chain for the class that allows the narcomancer to get people addicted to the drugs themselves. Have a Narcomancer enter a populated area and release emotions, it'd probably be a low save so everyone isn't affected, but still, one or two people is still better than nothing. Come to think of it, with Phasma and the Narcomancer, we could really get a lot of feats, spells, items, and Prestige Classes out of it.
    A metamagic feat that enables to make people addicted to an emotion drug of the same emotion you casted (or simply a new spell).
    Rage drug based barbarian.
    Drug extracting items.
    Maybe a cleric that uses drugs as part of his religion, which sounds shamanic for some reason to me, but with emotion drugs it won`t feel shamanic.
    Guilt drug based assasin.
    Emotion based weaponery.

I'd say either make it so you can't fail on purpose, or give the people in the blast a save a little lower than the drug itself, so it's still potent for a capstone ability, but less so than injecting them with the drug itself.
    They get the effects, but not the addiction. Before the blast, the caster should be pretty much neutralized becuse of the effects, and the blast also effects allies. Still, the save DC is too high.

P.S. I just added the while drugged clause, becuse while not high the bonus to emotion spells is +3, and while high it`s +6, which needs a balancing factor.
    Last edited by akma; 2010-11-14 at 09:26 AM.
    Madly In Science, an RPG in which you play mad scientists, you can get it for free.

Spoiler: Some other things.
    Show
    A world behind the mirror (stand alone plane)
    (Wall) passer, a rogue variant
    My not realy extanded homebrewer signature

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    In a world ruled by small birds, mankind cannot help but wonder how this state of affairs came about.