Quote Originally Posted by FishAreWet View Post
Healing in combat is almost always a complete waste of an action. Forcing it on someone sucks. What is the real incentive to use Blood? A standard battle will nearly always result in dealing more damage then your own HP. Unless these Temp HP don't stack, and in that case, Blood is an amazing weapon.
I suppose the point of Blood at the moment is that it effectively negates the need for healing while you have allies around. As long as they're there you can go toe-to-toe with a Balor and stand a decent chance of winning. As such, I need a pretty hefty disadvantage to offset that. I got the idea for the HP going too high from the Plane of Positive Energy where you risk exploding once the temp HP gets too high.

With the suggestion you've made with regard to the temp HP not stacking, I did think about that possibility. As you say, it would be very good, but would (potentially) be less game breaking. As we all know, it's still possible to deal some very large amounts of damage with a longsword. I suppose one of the main problems I had with doing it that way is that I want the weapons to be working in tandem with each other, Blood stacking up the HP and Honour dispersing it among the group.

Allow HP to be channeled from Honour as a swift action. Which affects multiple allies. From a range. Otherwise it will never be worth it.
Again, it's an ability I've thought of adding along the lines of a mass CMW with the wielder losing HP equal to the total healed. Probably in addition to the one it already has. The advantage of the current one is that during a full attack action you can assign one of the attacks from Honour to a player and unleash the others on the enemy, so you're not necessarily having to give up your turn to heal someone when, as a damage dealer, you should be dealing damage.