View Single Post

Thread: So you have infinite power points...

1. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: So you have infinite power points...

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    If you're expending around 60 PP/round, which is roughly possible if you're {Scrub the post, scrub the quote} the action economy and my memory isn't even more terrible than I thought, you're only getting a maximum of about eight rounds a day like that at level 20. Especially if you throw in temporal acceleration or buffs. I'm not sure I agree that a Psion can -always- nova at 20 to begin with.
    Hmm, I suppose if you're assuming they'll be using quicken power constantly on top of Schism, then that statement becomes a lot less valid, yeah.
    I was mostly thinking- with one of those torcs of power preservation, you save a power point per casting (not a lot, but significant over the entire day). Using schism instead of quicken power, at least most of the time, will ensure that you're saving power points even with extra actions (Schism only costs extra power points to use once- Quicken costs +6 power points per casting, so anything you manifest with schism basically has the same effect but costs less).

It helps you keep costs down. Further, it doesn't seem too rash to assume that in some places you won't need fully augmented powers, so you could deduct a little from that too...

But assuming three actions a round and a full buff sequence, I do agree, you'd not get full augmentation even with all those power points.

So essentially, more power points would allow you to reliably get up to three actions per round rather than two.
    Assuming you aren't spending your focus on something else.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2010-11-29 at 08:37 PM.