Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
Spoiler
Show
  • Monster image should be unspoilered. It's one of the key ways we have of letting people skimming the thread know that there's a monster class there.
  • I'd recommend changing the repeated, different cases of chiseled path to have different names, to reduce confusion & make for tidier character sheets.
  • Natural attacks; need to note whether they gain strength bonus to damage. (2x, 1.5, strength mod or ½ str mod).
  • Chiseled Path, Offense, Lesser:
    • The whole 'see the rogue class' for details is kind of a bother, and a bit of a shortcut. It's not bad, per se, but it causes a lot of hassle for a player who looks up the monster class for ability details & then is redirected to look elsewhere. Consider a copy-paste of the sneak attack rules inside a spoiler.
  • Chiseled Path, Defense:
    • Tough Skin is a little confusing to someone not familiar with the conversion of multiple natural armor. Clarify?
    • Rather than hardness (which is perplexing), how about just DR?
    • The bonus of runecarved body really, really needs to be toned down. A +10 bonus at level 20 will make you pass pretty much every save.
  • Freeze: I'm wondering how useful this would be. I mean, any foe with an intelligence higher than 6 is going to know the statue is probably a real gargoyle, especially if it appears in a forest, mountain, open plain, etc.
  • Stone Cold Metabolism:
    • As capstone abilities go, it's fairly narrow in application. What happens to conditions (bleeding, buffs, penalties, curses, shaken, stunned, poisoned, diseased?) on the gargoyle after the state is entered/exited?
1. Done, though I need a new name for Carved Mobility.

2. Primary natural attacks get 1.5X, secondary natural attacks get .5X, as normal (IIRC, if not I'll add a note, and may do that later anyway).

3. Copy-pasted sneak attack details into Ambush Hunter, sorry about that.

4. Done.

5. Hardness is almost effectively the same, but allows use in Stone Cold Metabolism.

6. Changed it to 1/3 HD, will lower to 1/4 if that's still too good. Or I could make it an enhancement bonus, so it won't stack with Cloak of Resistance, in which case I'll probably keep it as it is (though I might change it back).

7. Added a feign death capability and a note suggesting it is used for that often. Not all statues of gargoyles are going to be Gargoyles. It might be useful for guarding a large building with lots of inanimate, statue gargoyles, like a church of Kord (which is still going to want minor evil spirits out, but won't put up with living, usually CE Gargoyles). A bit contrived, but I've added a Con bonus to give the level a little more 'oomph'.

8. I've added some clarifications, but until I've finished them you're advised to use your common sense. You won't bleed, for example, because you are essentially a block of stone. Also, Statuesque Perfection (formerly Chiseled Path (Perfection) is supposed to be the capstone, Stone Cold is supposed to be a Freeze upgrade, sorry if that wasn't clear. I could make Statuesque two abilities from the list, which it was briefly during writing before I decided it was too much for level 4 and lowered it to one before posting.

Thanks for the help, I really needed it.