New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Mind flayer miniatures!

Hey gang,
    So, for reasons detailled in this thread, I'm soon going to be in need of a pile of Illithid figures for my PCs to maul their merry way through. I've got a few good ones from various DDM sets, and I'm going to grab all four of Reaper's delightfully non-infringy 'Bathalians', but the more variety the better, as the players are likely to maul their way through an entire Illithid city. Any lines on other options for tentacle-faced monstrosities?
    Play Night of The Cephalopods, a free game of Lovecraftian shenanigans that I voiced!

Also, check out the excellent pulp radio stylings of Decoder Ring Theatre, who I've been lucky enough to perform with.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mind flayer miniatures!

Quote Originally Posted by pirateshow View Post
    Any lines on other options for tentacle-faced monstrosities?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

On another note, though, the cheapest I saw them online was at coolstuffinc, where they had 9 available at $3.49 each (that's not bad, it's $6.99 or $9.99 other places for the Mind Flayer Scourge).
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 2008-12-21 at 09:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Mind flayer miniatures!

Ooh, good find! My players don't know this, but I have access to the massive Horrorclix Cthulu. And should they choose to take actions that mess up the veil between the world and the Far Realm, I will take such delight in setting it on the table.

That Scourge is going to be my go-to Mind Flayer goon, I think. Him or the guy with the longspear from Demonweb, or perhaps both, when I need a load of guards- there are a few things that my Illithids won't trust to their thralls.
    Play Night of The Cephalopods, a free game of Lovecraftian shenanigans that I voiced!

Also, check out the excellent pulp radio stylings of Decoder Ring Theatre, who I've been lucky enough to perform with.