New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Just Who The Hell Do You Think We Are!? [Discipline]

Quote Originally Posted by thread title
    Just who the hell do you think we are!?
    For yours is a drill that will pierce the heavens!
    (leaves thread)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    Isn't there a weapon called a War Drill hiding somewhere in 3.5?
    +5 keen maiming lance of collision would be the best bet here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Actually just add the Fleshgrinding enhancement to your Lance. It works on piercing weapons too, so it could spin.

4. - Top - End - #34

Does an actual drill weapon exist for 3.5? I now want to play a Warforged Warblade with one.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

I gotta say, referencing Gurren Lagann for anything is awesome, and you are awesome for doing it.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

coming back to this post...and the fact that someone already statted up Gunmen...who wants to help build a Gurren Lagann campaign setting? Thinking about it, it wouldn't be hard at all...humans, beastmen...the only slight problem is how would spiral energy work? An actual stat or mechanic? or just the description of how you're doing whatever (probably maneuver, as those seem to fit the not-quite-magic setting feel) you're doing.

...as is necessary...
    ALRIGHT, WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

*ahem*
    but really, would anyone else be interested in putting one together?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm all for TTGL D&D, i already have an Eberron-based plot for it, with Dragons and Quori as the villains.

8. - Top - End - #38

Ultimate Sacrifice, Ultimate Victory
    Scarlet Bravura (Strike)
    Level: Crusader 9, Warblade 9
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action
    Prerequisite: Four Scarlet Bravura maneuvers
    Range: Melee attack
    Target: One creature
    Duration: One round (see description)

It is said that when Commander Gurran left the Temple of Nine Swords, Reshar himself tried to stop his flight, begging him to stay. The Master of Nine is said to have asked the Scarlet Bravura General why he left, what he believed the nine disciplines lacked. Commander Gurran’s response is a legendary one word reply: “Sacrifice.”

The pinnacle of the discipline he created embodies this principle, sacrificing all to assure victory. As part of this maneuver, you make a single melee attack against an opponent. If it hits, it deals an additional 15d6 damage, and confers several bonuses on your allies for 1 round. They gain a +5 bonus on all attack rolls, any melee attack they make deals an additional 2d6 + 1/initiator level damage, and they gain a +5 morale bonus on all saving throws and to AC. However, until the end of your next round, your AC falls to 0 and you automatically fail all saving throws. If you die while suffering from the penalties of this strike, the bonuses it confers on your allies last for 1 (round/minute/hour) per your initiator level, or you are resurrected, (whichever comes first) rather than the standard 1 round duration.

The above is a knee jerk suggestion given that 3.5 does not, to the best of my knowledge, measure effect durations by 'encounter'. All in all, I really like what I see. You've got a good theme going here despite using the White Raven master as a fluff scapegoat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

The later books measure a lot by encounter. ToB and Dungeonscape certainly do, off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    And two out of three leading anthropomorphic personifications of death agree on the matter.
    Happy to be PMed for rants about stuff, lousy jokes, challenges to a duel because I impugned your honour in that restaurant last night. Look, how was I supposed to know it'd fly that far?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Ultimate Sacrifice Ultimate Commander is probably the coolest maneuver EVER.

I actually did try to compile all of the homebrew stuff here once into a single document, but then when I finally got it all together, the damn thing was so large it took forever to load. This was maybe 3 years ago when I did this but even then you guys have already broke 200 pages with just discipline material alone.

Maybe I'll try to do this again but this time I'll try to organize them into organized word docs. Ideas?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

EVEN IF WE ARE TO BE TRAPPED IN THE GALAXY'S ENDLESS CYCLE OF REBIRTH, THE FEELINGS WE LEAVE BEHIND WILL OPEN THE DOOR!

EVEN IF THE INFINITE UNIVERSE IS TO GO AGAINST US, OUR BURNING BLOOD WILL CUT THROUGH FATE!

WE'LL BREAK THROUGH THE HEAVENS AND DIMENSIONS

WE'LL SHOW YOU OUR PATH THROUGH FORCE

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!?!?
    Last edited by Tatsel_Ganav; 2009-11-18 at 12:34 AM.