Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Screen Name WINNERS!

Before I announce the winners, note that there were only 24 votes cast, s there were several ties. My tiebreaker procedure was to personally cast the deciding vote for my choice among those entries that tied, discounting those that won a clear majority in another category. I'd like to spread the winning around, you know?

So without further delay, ladies and gentlemen, the winners of the Screen Name Prestige Class Contest:

Best Warrior Class (mechanics and flavor):
    This was the biggest landslide, with a clear winner getting 10 out of the 24 votes cast: Kazdaran Wolfriders of Gorbash's Hunt by Gorbash Kazdar.

Best Spellcaster Class (mechanics and flavor):
    A much closer contest, with The Grand Scorpina by Scorpina pulling out only 4 votes (but still beating three other classes with 3 votes each).

Best Skill-User Class (mechanics and flavor):
    The Guessmith walks away with it, with 8 votes.

Best Flavor/Introductory Text:
    This category had a three way tie between Gorbash Kazdar, Guessmith, and Ikkitosen, but I break ties around here, and I say the Ikkitosen by Ikkitosen.

Best Articulation of the Screen Name Theme:
    Another close category, with 12 entries splitting 24 votes. A four-way tie between Alarra, Gorbash, Guessmith, and Mohkomancer. I choose Mohkomancer, by Mohko

Funniest Class:
    A win here for Petey the Frog Boy and his Disciple of Petey the Frog Boy with 6 votes.

And now the big prize...
    Most Likely to be Used in an Actual Campaign:
    Interestingly, this category had the most number of vote-getters, with 16 entries getting votes. There was a massive six-way tie between Alarra, Elays, Gilgamesh, Gorbash Kazdar, and Ikkitosen. But once again, I cast the tie-breaker, and I chose:

The Alarran Dreamwalker by Alarra!

Finally, the Website Staff Award was a clear favorite:
    Kazdaran Wolfriders of Gorbash's Hunt by Gorbash Kazdar.

Congratulations to all the winners, and stay tuned for the next contest!
    Rich Burlew

Utterly Dwarfed, the sixth compilation of The Order of the Stick is now in stock. Order at Ookoodook (paper copies) or Gumroad (digital PDFs), or pick it up from your local gaming store.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Screen Name WINNERS!

Wow! ;D

Two wins and ties in three categories - I'm stunned! Thanks so much to everyone, for the help and the votes, especially everyone who posted on my thread and particularly Picasso007 who was the first to critique the class.

Major congratulations to all the other winners, and I have to say it means even more for me to get a win because there were so many fantastic classes in every category.

By the way, Giant - you have Spellcaster up there twice; I assume one of them is supposed to be Best Skill Based class?

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Best Articulation of the Screen Name Theme:
    Another close category, with 12 entries splitting 24 votes. A four-way tie between Alarra, Gorbash, Guessmith, and Mohkomancer. I choose Mohkomancer, by Mohkomancer
    My name's just Mohko.

Anyway, what does "Articulation of the Screen Name Theme" mean? Me and my poor english skills can't decipher it. :)
    Mohkomancer, the sorcerous slimeball of Doom! Only 9,99 a piece.&&Batteries not included. Like it needs any.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I can't say that I'm not upset that I didn't win anything, but it's just jealousy :)

Seriously, Gorbash deserved those awards. He did a fantastic job. I'm a little sad that my second favorite class didn't get any awards, though (and no, it wasn't mine 8)).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geethree
    I can't say that I'm not upset that I didn't win anything, but it's just jealousy :)
    If it makes you feel better, I could tell I voted your class to two different categories. :P

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats to all the winners! There were many awesometastic classes posted by everybody, several of which have a good possibility of making their way into my campaigns.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mohko
    My name's just Mohko.

Anyway, what does "Articulation of the Screen Name Theme" mean? Me and my poor english skills can't decipher it. :)
    It means your class did the best job of actually being about your screen name.

(And sorry about the name!)
    Rich Burlew

Utterly Dwarfed, the sixth compilation of The Order of the Stick is now in stock. Order at Ookoodook (paper copies) or Gumroad (digital PDFs), or pick it up from your local gaming store.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow! I won! That was unexpected! I thought my class was a little silly...ah well, thanks to the four people who voted for me!
    I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.- Wonder Woman

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi

I didn't win? I am shocked... I don't know what to say! You fools will pay in the next contest!

Vote Cthulhu for president!

z.
    A man can chase a mouse,&&or his own shadow.

10. - Top - End - #10

:o......I won? Wow!!!! I'm so excited!

And to think that I don't even know how to play D&D......umm....wow!!!!......Thanks!

There were so many amazing classes that this absolutely shocks me....yay though!!! =)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

CONGRATS to everyone!

And thanks to everyone who voted for me and just as important, helped me tweak the class.

Thanks most of all to The Giant for the great website, the comic, and the contest!
    ptthzt\'ka zz\'kaa no-paa-laa thhhhht ptthzt\'ka&&&&(translation: signature, i don\'t need no stinking signature!)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

2 ties, one win :o - thanks loads everyone! Tbh I'm suprised, what with the mechanics problems I had with the class (here's a big thanks to everyone who posted and helped, esp. Zherog - I'm certain a large chunk of any success is down to you people).

Congratulations to all of the other winners, and thanks to everyone that voted :D

Ikki.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Avenger View Post
    Trust me, Ikkitosen knows what he's talking about.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

I didn't get a chance to look at the boards until today, and thanks to everyone who voted for my Tiny class. I didn't actually write it intending to be humorous, but with the subject matter it was hard to avoid. :)

If anyone actually wants to use the class, feel free and let me know how it works out!

14. - Top - End - #14

Congrats, Petey. And the new avatar is absolutely precious! ;D