New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Energy Missile/Current question

How am i supposed to read "No two targets can be more than 15ft apart" ?

I thought it meant that each and every target has to be within 15 ft of each other, meaning you can use these two shapes (or anything fitting within these):

------
    --oo--
    -oooo-
    -oooo-
    --oo--
    ------
    --o---
    -ooo--
    -oooo-
    -ooo--
    ------

Where the targets can be in the 'o' .
    but my friend said only the next target needed to be no more than 15ft away, so a shape like this would work too.

--o--o--o--o--o--

i hope my shapes make sense
    Last edited by MichielHagen; 2009-01-06 at 06:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Energy Missile question

The way I figure is that u can shoot enemy A who is say 50ft from you, and hit someone 15ft from him. then you can hit someone (enemy C) 15ft away from enemy B and the distance from enemy A to C doesn't matter.
    Gibbo

Read about the Lady of the Night and her daring and worldly crew searching for Ilos and the cultists trying to bring him back. The cultist's now defeated the heros retire until the next catastrophe.

Gremshak - Bounty hunter

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Energy Missile question

"No two targets". If you spread them out in a line with each 15' from the last:

a...b...c...d

a and c are more than 15' apart, as are b and d and a and d. So that's not valid.

So yes, in effect all the targets have to fit in a circle of diameter 15'.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo88 View Post
    The way I figure is that u can shoot enemy A who is say 50ft from you, and hit someone 15ft from him. then you can hit someone (enemy C) 15ft away from enemy B and the distance from enemy A to C doesn't matter.
    But then you have two targets, A and C, who are more than 15' from one another, whereas the power says "no two targets may be more than 15' from one another".

What you describe is "each target must be within 15' of at least one other target".
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2009-01-06 at 05:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Energy Missile/Current question

And how about Energy Current.

- Can i target just one creature (as the primary) and have no secondary target? Or what if i target two, but one of them dies and no new target is within reach, does the spell end, or do i keep damaging the one that is left?

- What if i have a primary and secondary target, but they move away from each other (> 15 ft), do i pick a new secondary target? can i also choose to keep the secondary target and pick a new primary target?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Energy Missile/Current question

oh, and also, what if the target(s) move out of reach of the spell (range close).