New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Better all around

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=95539

I want to make this character better. The campaign has already started, so I can't edit wat's already there. I'm mostly looking for a direction to progress from here. This character is a supprt melee/scout type character who frequently hs to hold his own in combat and does fairly well. He's got a lot of fluff for emulating animals in combat, and he's got a mental addiction to self modification. (He's a homebrew race that's basically half warforged half human, and uses a lot of components)

So now I need to know where to take him. I was thinking of a level of warblade for scent, iron heart surge, and a few white raven maneuvers but after that I'm stumped. I could continue IoDM, but it doesn't offer much. I only took the first to for slashing fluff.

Anyone got any ides? Feats, items, and clas suggestions would all be appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Better all around

Well, since you've got the right alignment, you can always take a couple levels in Pyrokeneticist. It nets you Fire Lash (always handy) and Hands Afire (+2d6 fire damage on unarmed attacks). Third level nets you Bolt of Fire, but I'm not sure if you really need more ranged fire damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #3

Planetar

I've seen pyrokineticist and it didn't seem tht great. The fire lash wouldn't be worth much since he's already got a dagger whip component, and I couldn't see the hands afire thing fitting in to his fluff all that well.

Plus, we've already got a warforged with that class. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm copying him.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Shroud of the Night: 1/day, G. Invisibility (called Dancing Shadows but still same thing) for 5 rounds (costs 10K).
    Also +2 deflection bonus.

Granted, your amulet already provides a deflection bonus, but Total concealment is always useful.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Start taking levels in totemist. It'd be perfect for your fluff, and totemists make awesome skillmonkeys and can make insane numbers of natural attacks (make sure to note that the soulmelds are your psyche's attempts to modify your body). Maybe add a few soulmelds via feats and maybe the psionic open chakra power, and you're golden.

6. - Top - End - #6

Planetar

I might try that.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, Warblade > Bloodclaw Master sounds pretty appropriate and would boost your Claw-damage while at it.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.