New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VI: Where Everyone Gets To Be On Top

Aaaah, hehehehe.
    So many days missed . . . forum changes and then my increasingly frustrated and rebellious computer. Over a week missed.
    Well, at least you can enjoy lots of stuf all in one? That's the only way I can make it up to you. And more writing.
    And reading everything I missed.
    Gods, nine or ten stories to do . . .

And now, good sirs and ladies of the thread, I present you with what has come before in:

Falling Definitions

And now:

Garble - to sift impurities from
    Spoiler
    Show

It is always the eyes of a deity or demon that hold the seat of their powers. RHL looked into them and saw all the universe contained therein, the gleams of light on her eye were supernovas. Deeper and deeper into the expanse she plunged, first in deathly silence, then into discordant melodies overbrimming with snatches of foreseeings, shouts of future, whispers of possibilities and pasts long lost to chance.
    Words and music and a myriad of tongues swirled through her dazed head as she sought, too earl, to understand what Maia wished her to see. It could be clearer.

Cryptic - meant to be puzzling or mysterious
    Spoiler
    Show

A colour beyond the spectrum slurred her sight and all the tongues of Babel screamed joyfully as the unity was refound and embraced fullheartedly.
    Two women. One with hair of blood, shoulder - knotted; the leonine one bearing a uraeus proud upon her forehead as she served order. Back to back the goddess and the demon stood, conversing in dark tones.
    Sun and Moon fleeing the conspiracy and seeking.
    Man of steel. Flowers burning in fire. Songs, siblings and light and dark. Veils over madness. Demons. One who isn’t as she should be. Two. Three. All back to that one - !

Preternatural - existing outside of nature
    Spoiler
    Show

That one. Looking with disinterest apparent in every feature and gesture; free of all ties that bind one to another.
    Completely, utterly, terrifyingly free.
    Unnatural. Sane within insanity; alone, no attachments. Looking at their little world with a void instead of a soul. Untempered rationality seeing blank eyed the possibilities behind all things and thinking to play.
    What is to keep this one back? In check?
    Nothing.
    Reaching out a hand hidden by the wavering of something the voided space that was the one danger grasped blindingly the thread that would unravel the world tapestry. The voided one laughed softly.

Cyberpunk - science fiction dealing with future urban societies dominated by computer technology
    Spoiler
    Show

The one that walked out of the chiaroscuro that blocked and deluded the senses smiled and held out the hand that cradled the object seen only fleetingly.
    Sleek and platinum it rested with intelligent malevolency on the clawed fingers and crinkled palm. So lifelike, yet shaped with copper. The clockworked human took hold of the key and began to twist it.
    Recai ran, hoping to stop it before the machine was fully prepared to release the dreaded –

"This is boring Mi’ir! What’s the point in reading this tripe?"
    "How dare you call this book tripe?! You’ve got no imagination!"

Unreconstructed - holding stubbornly to a particular belief, view, place, or style
    Spoiler
    Show

"I am not lacking in imagination! I’ve told and read perfectly good stories before and you know it."
    "Since when did rehashing stories and repeating them over and over and over count as imagination? You’ve even told me of past exploits I saw myself! That is not imagination."
    "Just because I’m not a bard doesn’t mean I have no imagination. Neither does the fact that I’m a paladin mean I haven’t got any neither."
    "Perfectly valid. I’ve met many paladins who’ve told great stories or even recounted their past wonderfully. It’s just you who has less imagination than a pebble."

Cognate - of the same or similar nature
    Spoiler
    Show

"Oh really?!" shouted Mordokai, "Then how does your being a bard mean anything different? I bet you’ve learnt a whole lexicon of stuff just to earn your keep. That’s not imagination! That’s recital! You’ve got no more imagination than I."
    "That hurt. And I do too have imagination. I can creatively tell the truth – "
    "Lie!"
    " . . . Yeah; read a story without pictures or too much description without being bored and create variations and new ways to tell old stories.
    "You can’t can you?"

"'Course I can. I just don’t like cyberpunk."
    "Aaah, you like bodice rippers too then?" Mordokai blushed.

Girandole - a pendant earring usually with three ornaments hanging from a central piece
    Spoiler
    Show

Wrenching her gaze aside she broke out of her trance with a gasping scream as the terror of the one she saw became too much for her body and mind to handle calmly. Shuddering, hunched over on the floor she calmed instantly as the cool hand of Maia soothed away the fever and horror.
    "Don’t worry Rabbit dearest. It can all be halted if you but accept me and wear the marking of my order." She held out an earring of slender adamantine with a chain that bore three symbols: a blazing star; a flying dove and a budding flower.

Clepe - to name or to call
    Spoiler
    Show

Without thought she took the earring and pushed it through her right lobe, wincing at the dull pain, then blinking as the cool metal made it as if it had never hurt. Wonderingly she felt her ear and Maia chuckled, "Just a bit of healing magic Rabbit. You’ll also find that you can now heal people either by magic or by the skills inherent within my gift to you. Never take it off."
    "Yes, Lady Maia."
    "But we also need to give you a new name. But unlike your once – sister you must keep this a secret. Welcome Althaia Astraia."

Quantal - of, relating to, or having only two experimental alternatives (as dead or alive, all or none)
    Spoiler
    Show

She left the temple holding her secret name close to her heart in happiness over her new servitude. She had a chance at saving her sister! Malia fell in line behind her.
    What was she to do? She could leave with them, but Maia had said that venturing alone would help. But they were friends and had a grudge too. They wanted to save her and destroy the one who’d taken her soul.
    But Maia . . . And Malia too had at least wanted to see them before she went back to Tsukies’ temple. Well, it couldn’t hurt to talk it over.

Translations
    Spoiler
    Show

Althaia - Ancient Greek for 'healing'
    Astraia - Ancient Greek for 'starry one'

Mmmmm, cyberpunk was a surprise. Hope you enjoyed.

Also: this marks the series as being 75 epsiodes long, not including the Falling section. Including them it's 81 episodes long.
    Offically making this the longest series in the thread. Perhaps something special should be done for 100?
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-02-07 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Formatting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

...I was just wondering if you had given up on the Definition series, Curly.
    I'm glad you haven't, and I'm still wondering where this will go... if even you know =P

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

*Applauds*
    *Bows down*
    We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
    (Anyone who didn't get the Wayne's World reference deserves a boot to the head)
    I wait for the next one with baited breath.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

4. - Top - End - #634

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    ...I was just wondering if you had given up on the Definition series, Curly.
    I'm glad you haven't, and I'm still wondering where this will go... if even you know =P
    Oy!
    Aside from one, maybe two posts I've been unable to post a single thing on this site! And I just realised I need to edit in a translation for the eighth drabble.
    This won't be abandoned. The ending's shaping up more and more in at least my mind, and I'm pretty sure Helgraf'd kill me if I just stopped.
    Did you like the weird interlude? it was the only way I could really get Cyberpunk to work. *is a bit worried about it*

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

So much for it being a slow day.
    Wonderful work.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked the Cyberpunk interlude.
    It is sort of hard to fit that in the middle of a fantasy story.
    But it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I liked the Cyberpunk interlude.
    It is sort of hard to fit that in the middle of a fantasy story.
    But it worked.
    Yes, it worked very well indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #638

Crackfic time!

The Gospel Truth - 'Zeus'/'Hera' + NarratorThufir + othersTwoBit/Ms. Mal actually
    Spoiler
    Show

"Long ago, in a far away land, there was a golden age of powerful gods and extraordinary heroes - "
    "Oh, come on Thu - Mysterious Narrator Guy, you're telling it like some Disney film. Romance up."
    "We can take it from here darling, get back to Ship - Some - More, you know we love it."
    "I only ever get two line cameos now!"
    "Aaaw, we'll promise to star you in one soon. Now, let's flashback."
    "Go Phoe!"
    "Shhhh!"
    Our story begins many aeons ago
    Zeus had just sealed away the dreaded Titans
    "MaHera, my love, I've just sealed away the dreaded Titans and taken over the earth. Just for you."
    "I read the ethereal narration sweetie, I know. Any particular reason for it?
    "My undying love for you?"
    " . . . "
    "It was a nasty place? There was a mess wherever you stepped? And chaos reigned and earthquakes and volcanoes never slept?"
    "Did you suddenly become one of the Muses, Goddesses of Shipping and Proclaimers of Romance? Or did you just steal their 'lines' and infuriate the ones who're telling the story?"
    "Sorry 'Hera'."
    "And . . . ?"
    "Sorry O Muses, I promise I won't do it again."
    Good
    "I did it because they wouldn't return our lawnmower and because they called you the slut of the heavens."
    There was a stunned silence
    "Tw'Zeus', you really did it just for me?"
    "I won't let anyone insult my hearts' queen no matter who they are."
    " . . . "
    "'Hera'? Are you okay? 'Hera'?"
    "That is so sweet of you; every time you do something like this remind me of how much I love you despite what all those lying Grecian myths say."
    Don't look at us
    "Sorry, but the misrepresentation really upsets us."
    Trust us, we all know. But this is a different story; the real one
    "The only person who can rival my devotion to you is you alone. I'll love you until the Styx runs dry and beyond."
    'Zeus' and 'Hera' leant in for a passionate kiss that would make even Aphrodite blush, then they stopped
    "Not even the Muses are allowed to see this."
    And then he shaped the clouds and forme an impenetrable barrier! We can't even tell you how the story ends except that they lived happily ever after for eternity. How rude!
    But sweet

EDIT:
    typing quickly kills the formatting on this thing.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-02-07 at 06:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Greek mythology with a twist, amazing as usual Curly.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground

And now ... with Curly having advanced the story, I will endeavor to do the same - soon. Soon.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe. Silly one Curly. I liked it.
    Athena was always my favorite in that pantheon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Athena was always my favorite in that pantheon.
    Posiedon!
    ____

13. - Top - End - #643

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    And now ... with Curly having advanced the story, I will endeavor to do the same - soon. Soon.

I did apologise twice, but computer's hated me for nine days straight. I could barely use the internet for urgent coursework let alone fun stuff.
    But if something inspired Helgraf it's worth the wait isn't it?

Time providing I'll post another tonight hopefully.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post

I did apologise twice, but computer's hated me for nine days straight. I could barely use the internet for urgent coursework let alone fun stuff.
    But if something inspired Helgraf it's worth the wait isn't it?

Time providing I'll post another tonight hopefully.
    This was not meant to be a poke at you, oh Mistress of Shipfics - this was more like firing a warning shot to let people know something would be coming over the horizon shortly.

I've had too many computer problems to dare give anyone grief for the same.

15. - Top - End - #645

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    This was not meant to be a poke at you, oh Mistress of Shipfics - this was more like firing a warning shot to let people know something would be coming over the horizon shortly.

I've had too many computer problems to dare give anyone grief for the same.
    Something I look forward to with anticipation. Out of curiosity, did the stuff I PMd you interest/enlighten/inspire anything?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #646

Something I look forward to with anticipation. Out of curiosity, did the stuff I PMd you interest/enlighten/inspire anything?
    One step at a time, one step at a time.

This is not to say it did not - it did. But I will work through one thing before seeing how one thing and another thing interface.

17. - Top - End - #647

Sweeetness.

SLightly Crackfic!ish the second. Also Disneyish.

Kiss De Girl - Thufir/Curly
    Spoiler
    Show

First we got to create . . . da mood.
    "Okay, lights: low and romantic? Check. Perfect sunset, no hideously orange artificial ones nearby Music: soft and jazzy?" . . . Only if you thought a little sisters' Disney CD was. Still, the song was fairly fitting, he'd leave it on 'til he finished. "Actual music present? Check. Weeping willow tree complete with fairy lights? Check. I'm glad they let me borrow this section of the park tonight."
    It was nearly time. He could just make out her petite figure in the distance. Thankfully the song'd finished and he could slip the jazz melodies into the portable CD player and hide it nestled away in a crook of the tree.
    Job done he walked out to meet the love of his life and enjoy the evening to come.
    "Hey Curly."
    "Miss me much?"
    "I always do, especially when you go off on these tours of yours."
    "I like them. So much to see, do and speak about"
    [OLOR=Navy]"One of the many things I love about you."[/COLOR] He held out his arm knowing how much Curly loved gallantry and escorted her to his little plot; ah. Perfect timing.
    The gently glowing tree brought the first gasp from his KoorlyHeart and she dropped his arm to go spin in wonderment at the magic he'd artfully created for her once again. "It's sublime!" she shouted, gods, even her voice grinned in glee. She never let inhibitions hold her back and he joined in when she grabbed him in a silly mini - waltz; dancing until they dropped from dizziness.
    Her eyes sparkled like the moon - lit sea when she laughed.
    Reluctant, he told her there was more to come and they ducked under the protective cover of the willows' sheltering leaves and she saw the picnic. He pushed the remote that started the music.
    It was a delicious dinner; but to Thufir it felt slightly cardboardy, h put it down to nerves.
    Now's your moment
    Floating in a blue lagoon
    Boy you better do it soon
    No time will be better

Decided, he reached into his pocket Damn nerves making his hands shake Hopefully he'd be able to speak. "Curly." Yes, he could. She looked at him expectantly, wiping her soft mouth with her hand. Don't bottle it now.
    "You're my heart and I feel so alone when we're apart. Anything I'll say will be trite or foolish, but I want to ask for your hand in marriage.
    "Will you have me, undeserving as I am?"
    He couldn't stop his voice from quavering as he waited in dread suspense for her answer; he couldn't even look her in the eyes.
    "I deserve nothing more than you. I have loved only you. I accept gladly." She reached for the small box containing the ring and slid it on, and she kissed him gently on the lips, pouring her every emotion into it. He kissed her back and they both felt blissfully happy.

And that's the first fic involving a non - cameo'd Curly for a long time.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-02-07 at 07:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #648

A soft voice whispers by my ear as the sickle encircles my neck, and asks that I give forth more Definition Drabbles...

Featuring: Graf, HappyTurtle, Sehkmet
    By mention: Dragonrider, Raistlin

Amniomancy A form of divination by examining the embryonic sac or amniotic fluid.

Spoiler
    Show

The goddess reached down to her weapon, taking hold of it with a sweet sigh, fingers adjusting their grip unconsciously to support her need. A quiet trembling shook her idealized form, and she cried out, a sound that flooded sense, overwhelmed reason, a cry to drive the living to ecstatic madness. A single drop of divine blood hung upon the edge of her finger as she withdrew her hand, lifting it up to her face, inhaling a moment, then softly exhaling the Nifé-en-Ankh, which slid from poisoned lips to caress the droplet, to catch it up and expand it.

Intumescence
    n.
    1. The act or process of swelling or the condition of being swollen.
    2. A swollen organ or body part.

Spoiler
    Show

It grew, expanding and descending like a balloon, like a placenta without a womb, from maiden blood to mother's fullness in the span of one enduring breath.

Pulsing and growing, rounded and hanging from her hand by the slimmest of sanguine tendrils. And still she exhaled, and it grew larger; with her free hand, she traced secret glyphs upon its bulging surface.

Nifé-en-Ankh continued to curl from Sehkmet's lips, long beyond the capacity of any merely human lungs. And her divine blood, enriched with the breath, bubbled and shifted as long, sinuous limbs pressed against the placenta; a sleek woman's form.

Interregnum
    1. The interval of time between the end of a sovereign's reign and the accession of a successor.
    2. A period of temporary suspension of the usual functions of government or control.
    3. A gap in continuity.

Spoiler
    Show

Graf nodded. He still perceived through the lunar sea of Tsukie that surrounded him, despite the fact that all that remained of his eyes were tiny membranous flaps, nearly empty of the precious fluid within. And he knew what she would do next.

Sehkmet's lips drew closed, passing one over the other, capturing the fleeting essence of the Nifé-en-Ankh she had invoked and savouring the warm pulsing sensation it sent spiraling through even her divine body.

She spoke, imbuing her voice with Power. "I call forth Od-"

"Happy Turtle, daughter of Raistlin of the line of DragonRider!"

Objurgate
    To scold or rebuke sharply; berate.

Spoiler
    Show

Graf's voice, harsh, broken, disharmonious before the divine personage, broke in upon her invocation, perverting its intent even as the dissonance of his broken voice debased her own by its mere presence.

"How dare you attempt to supercede me in my earthly home, Rasui?!" Her voice lashed out in fury and cut like a knife; Graf was knocked to the floor by it, a sharp crack where his head struck the stone."

But it was too late. The dissonant chord of Tsukie's oracle tore into the hanging womb, cutting away the divine, leaving behind the young Sheriti.

Happy Turtle.

Prostrate
    tr.v. pros·trat·ed, pros·trat·ing, pros·trates
    1. To put or throw flat with the face down, as in submission or adoration: "He did not simply sit and meditate, he also knelt down, sometimes even prostrated himself" Iris Murdoch.
    2. To cause to lie flat: The wind prostrated the young trees.
    3. To reduce to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome: an illness that prostrated an entire family; a nation that was prostrated by years of civil war.
    adj.
    1. Lying face down, as in submission or adoration.
    2. Lying flat or at full length.
    3. Reduced to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome.
    4. Botany Growing flat along the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

"What? How?" Happy looked around, eyes wild. Realized two facts; first, she was as naked as she'd ever come into the world. Second, she was being regarded by a woman whom she intrinsically knew was her superior in every capacity. She fell to the floor, her body pressed down to the cold marble, wondering about the stickiness at her feet, but not daring to look. It felt right, good even, to submit herself in this way, to Her.

Sekhmet regarded her, then looked to the Rasui a moment. Something flickered between them, between her immortal perfection and his mortal ruin.

Interpellation
    1. The act of interpelling or interrupting; interruption.
    2. The act of interposing or interceding; intercession.
    Accepted by his interpellation and intercession.
    - Jer. Taylor.
    3. An act of interpellating, or of demanding of an officer an explanation of his action; imperative or peremptory questioning; a point raised in a debate.
    4. A official summons or citation

Spoiler
    Show

"Arise, daugher of Raistlin." Sehkmet's voice was velvet over iron, gentle, irresistable. And Happy felt no desire to resist; she rose to her feet, but kept her eyes lowered.

"Speak your name."

"Odjit Akana, mistress."

Sehkmet's lips curled into a smile, and Happy felt satisfaction wash through her in warm curling waves.

"No," hissed the broken, bleeding one.

"Then who am I?," she replied, defiant, still riding on the ecstasy of Sehkmet's approval.

"Sheriti Ammut, who gives Ka to Sehkmet to silence the soreness of Ieb. I name you rather Wakhakwi Ba, the awn akana; so speaks the Rasui Urshé."

Translations
    Spoiler
    Show

Nifé-en-Ankh - breath of life
    Sheriti - little girl/maiden
    Odjit - Ancient Egyptian name - meaning: wicked
    Akana - Ancient Egyptian name - meaning: vessel/bowl
    Ammut - female demon
    Ka - the soul
    Ba - personality
    Ieb - the heart (Note: The Egyptians believed the heart was the center of all consciousness, even the center of life itself. When someone died it was said that their "heart had departed".)
    Wakhakwi - little fool
    awn - Empty (vide)
    Rasui - dream
    Urshé - observer
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2009-02-07 at 11:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #649

. . .

. . .

Oh my. You rock. It's wonderful, all the definitions bleed into each other nicely in this segment and make it a deliciously dark and compelling read. You take my feeble words and loosely jointed phrases and make them strong and perfect and wholly yours.
    Once again words fail me.

Question though: any reason for the numbers? Or do they serve another purpose?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

It was very moving Curly. Grats Thufir!

Very interesting Helgraf. Even if that last one used a lot of those weird Egyptian words.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

@Curly and Helgraf: Great job.

22. - Top - End - #652

. . .

. . .

Oh my. You rock. It's wonderful, all the definitions bleed into each other nicely in this segment and make it a deliciously dark and compelling read. You take my feeble words and loosely jointed phrases and make them strong and perfect and wholly yours.
    Once again words fail me.

Question though: any reason for the numbers? Or do they serve another purpose?
    Yep. They help me track how close I am to 100 words.
    Also, I forgot the translation guide, dangit. :goes to edit:

Also,

Thank you.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2009-02-07 at 09:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks at translations*
    Yes! I did know what all of those translated to!

24. - Top - End - #654

You take my feeble words and loosely jointed phrases and make them strong and perfect and wholly yours.
    :shakes head softly: No, not wholly mine. Without the skeleton, the rest is a disgusting mass of loose tissue muscle and skin. The skeleton is _fundamental_ to the functional design.

And you gave me that.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Orc in the Playground

Wow I really need to sit down and churn through Definition Drabble.

Quite the number of fics you guys have in that series, though they all seem to be fairly small in word count so it shouldn't take me too much time. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Going to try to write another fic or two tomorrow as well, need to get some momentum going.
    You will taste my trident!
    Awesome Wytch Avatar by FdL!
    Designed by Wolfbane.

Behold the power of Purple Prose!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Archive updated.

@Curly & Helgraf: Because of the growing scope (and character limit limitations...and personal laziness ) I've created a specialized archive for FDD and linked to it in both of your individual archive entries as well as in the 'collaborative' section.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Young Fronkonsteen: Put The Candle Back!

Starring: Reinholdt and Happyturtle

Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt stirred in his sleep. He kicked and struggled in his nightmare. And even though he doesn't know, he also speaks in his sleep.
    No! I won't give in! I won't say it! I won't! I won't.
    Alright! I'll say it!

Destiny! Destiny! There's no escaping Destiny!

And then he wakes up with a start. He gets up and splashes a bit of water from the wash basin onto his face. He is about to return to his bed when he hears something odd.

Is that a violin?

He jumps when someone knocks on his door. He composes himself and opens the door to find Happy standing there in a thin and rather short nightgown.

Are you okay doctor? I heard you yelling from across the hall. I think you were having a nightmare.

Come here, I need you for a moment.

Don't you think that is a little fast?

Wha...? Reinholdt blushed when he realized what she was talking about. Nonono. Do you hear a violin playing?

Happy frowned. What do you mean by n...wait. Now that you mention it, I think it is coming from behind that bookcase.

They both run to the chosen bookcase and Reinholdt starts pulling books off of the shelves. He point to a nearby candle on the wall.

Bring me that candle, one of these books has to be a switch or something.

As Happy removes the candle, the bookcase swings around revealing a secret passage.
    Unfortunately, the bookshelf kept spinning and closed again.

With Reinholdt on the other side.

Put the candle back!

She does so. But the bookcase has other things on it's mind than letting Reinholdt out. It spins around again and locks him behind the case.

Okay. This time, when the bookcase spins, I am going to use my body and stop it. Okay?

Are you sure?

Yes. Now do the candle again.

Reinholdt is ready for the bookcase this time and as it is spinning, he moves so he can block the case from swinging all the way.

Needless to say that this was a bad idea. Not to mention a painful one.

Are you alright? asks Happy when she sees the doctor wedged between the bookcase and the wall.

Okay, this is what I want you to do. Set the candle on the table and then I want you to push, with all your might, against the bookcase. I will do the same. Ready?

She sets the candle down and gets ready to push against the bookcase.
    Ready.

On three.
    One...
    two...
    three!

On three they both push and in a moment the bookcase spins around and Reinholdt is free. He slumps against the bookcase and breaths a sigh of relief.

Oh thank God that's over with. Right, Happy?

Put the candle back!

Oh, um... one second. He grabs the candle and sets it in the holder for only the briefest moment before taking it out again. Failing to achieve proper momentum, the bookcase spins halfway, leaving the passage open.

A very disheveled Happy is waiting on the other side.

Are you okay?

Yeah.

Lets go find the music then, shall we?

Grabbing a different candle from the room, they start going through the dark passage into the heart of the castle.

I planned on going a little further, but this one seemed long enough.
    Enjoy.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Bravo Sir Wolfbane, bravo.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe. Nice Wolfbane.
    Happy needs to pull her head out of the gutter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Reinholdt, like that's ever going to happen...
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs