New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Anima Defensor attempt 1[Class]

This is just a class i have been toying with, i think its origonal and diffrent... dont see alot of people playing it however...

Anima Defensor

Description: in a small village a religious order was formed, one that believed in peace and life. However the world was not one that would tolerate there ways and soon they where hopelessly abused by bandits, robbers and the like. So a small group of them decided to fight back, however they could not abandon there strongest belief, that life was the most important thing in this would and should not be taken willingly. They developed skills to fight without killing someone, using these skills they drove the bandits out of there village. Now years later they train sill in the ways of non-lethal combat, using there skills to both protect there village and other life in the world.
    Alignment: anima defensor can not be evil, as evil values no life
    Restriction:Anima Defensor can not kill unless given no other choice, to do so will place a mark on there forhead that will not go away untill they redeem themselves. other anima defensor will stear clear and shun the marked one
    Other Classes: anima defensor are an odd lot when it comes to other classes, as they can respect or dislike them depending on there personality

Hit Die: D10
    Starting Gold: 3d4 *10
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields)
    Abilities: Constitution is very important for an anima defensor as many of there skills use HP or damage the Anima Defensor in some way. Strength is also important as they can get into many fights
    Class skills: climb(str), Craft(str), handle animal(cha), jump(str), Knowledge(physiology)(int), knowledge(religion)(int), Ride(dex), swim(str), heal(wis),

Skill points at first level: (3+int mod) *4
    Skill points at every other level: 3 + int mod

{table]
    [tr][td]Level[/td] [td]Base Attack Bonus[/td] [td]Fort Save[/td] [td]Ref Save[/td] [td]Will Save[/td] [td]Special[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1st[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]Subdue[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2nd[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]+0[/td] [td]Lending of Life 1/day[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3rd[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]Protection of Life[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]4th[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]5th[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]+1[/td] [td]Lending of Life 2/day, Unending Dreams[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]6th[/td] [td]+6+1[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]Freedom of Soul [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]7th[/td] [td]+7+2[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]8th[/td] [td]+8+3[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]Disarming Strike[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]9th[/td] [td]+9+4[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]Lending of Life 3/day[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]10th[/td] [td]+10+5[/td] [td]+7[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]11th[/td] [td]+11+6+1[/td] [td]+7[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]+3[/td] [td]Adanved Protection of Life[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12th[/td] [td]+12+7+2[/td] [td]+8[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]Lending of Life 4/day[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]13th[/td] [td]+13+8+3[/td] [td]+8[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]14th[/td] [td]+14+9+4[/td] [td]+9[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]Advanced Disarming Strike [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]15th[/td] [td]+15+10+5[/td] [td]+9[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]Lending of Life 5/day [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]16th[/td] [td]+16+11+6+1[/td] [td]+10[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]17th[/td] [td]+17+12+7+2[/td] [td]+10[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]+5[/td] [td]Disabling Strike [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]18th[/td] [td]+18+13+8+3[/td] [td]+11[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]Lending of Life 6/day [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]19th[/td] [td]+19+14+9+4[/td] [td]+11[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]20th[/td] [td]+20+15+10+5[/td] [td]+12[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]+6[/td] [td]True Protection of Life [/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Class Abilities:

Subdue
    Description: threw extensive training anima defensor have learned to knock out an opponent without killing them, even with weapons not designed for it
    Effect: when striking with a weapon you may deal subdual damage without penalty regardless of weapon

Lending of Life:
    Description: the anima defensor believe that life is so important that they are willing to give part of there’s to save another
    Effect: by giving up 1d6 of your own hp you can give to one other 1d8, the difference in dice is because the act of giving amplifies that which is taken

Protection of life:
    Description: anima defensor can and will jump in the way of an attack to save someone
    Effect: if an attack is declared within 5 feet of you, the player may jump in the way of the attack and take it upon themselves. This occurs no attack of opportunity from threatening creatures. It is a free action

Unending dreams
    Description: keeping someone alive is hard when they refuse to stay down for more then an hour, so the defensor know how to hit you so you stay down for a long time
    Effect: subdual damage dealt by you heals at the rate of normal damage instead of subdual damage

Freedom of soul:
    Description: the anima defensor see undead as an abomination, keeping a soul that should have passed on in the word. To combat and free such souls they developed ways to destroy the undead more effectively
    Effect: damage to undead increases by 1 per level

Disarming strike:
    Description: a good way to disable a foe is to disarm them, so the anima defensor train hard to do just that
    Effect: attempts to disarm don’t provoke an attack of opportunity

Advanced Protection of life
    Description: Did you know that if you truly want to protect someone, it’s as if you’re given wings to save them? Well eventually anima defensor can do something similar; they can throw out a spectral form of themselves that takes the hit for another
    Effect: same as protection of life only it has no range limits

Advanced Disarming Strike:
    Description: sometimes an opponent refuses to let go of there sword, sometimes it’s necessary to cleave off a hand
    Effect: if you make a critical hit on a disarm check you deal damage and the target can no longer use that limb until healed

Disabling Strike:
    Description: by hitting certain nerve points you can disable a creatures body, anima defensor train themselves in such a way as to use this to there advantage
    Effects: as a declared attack you can force the target to make a fortitude save against DC10 + level, on a fail the opponent is paralyzed and must make a further saving throw each turn to become un-paralyzed

True protection of life:
    Description: eventually from protecting someone, you learn how to do it right
    Effects: as advanced protection except you take no damage from protecting others

this is it, coment on anything that needs to be improved or changed

p.s. this is my first ever attempt to make a class so im a bit shakey about what to do, your comments help ^_^
    looking for a PC blacksmith class, dont care if i have to make it or anything&&&&i know my spelling looks like it has alot of typos... its a spelling disorder called dysgraphia... look it up if you dont know

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anima Defensor[Class]

First off, Defensor is not a word, nor does it even sound like one. Trust me, go with Defender here, or some synonym of it.

Now, first off, this feels a lot more like a prestige class than a base class. It looks like the abilities you have could be fit easily into a ten level format.

Now let's look at the balance and mechanics. The Lending of Life ability would be a lot simpler to use if it worked on a one-to-one basis, with a possible increase to the proportion at higher levels. Protection of Life is worded rather vaguely, and should have a more mechanical explanation of how it works.

Overall, I'd say this is a bit underpowered. As a healer, it's vastly outclassed by a cleric, while as a nonlethal combatant, it's outclassed by a fighter or warblade with the Subduing Strike feat. You could work out some more potent abilities to pump it up.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

i guess your right... but what i was trying to go for wasent something overpowered... guess i failed a bit

and defensor is latin for protector actualy... its a word just not english
    looking for a PC blacksmith class, dont care if i have to make it or anything&&&&i know my spelling looks like it has alot of typos... its a spelling disorder called dysgraphia... look it up if you dont know

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

The latin defensor tends to be used in the context of a court, meaning more "defense attorney" than "guardian." Unless you want a spirit lawyer...
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One
    The latin defensor tends to be used in the context of a court, meaning more "defense attorney" than "guardian." Unless you want a spirit lawyer...
    >_< darnit... oh well... at least i got a slightly underpowered class then? it can still be played if i want, dont know if i will just becuse the restriction of not killing can probubly get dificult to manage

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Anima Defensor attempt 1[Class]

Quick notes:

Why do they have martial weapon proficiency if they're supposed to value life?

Does protection of life move the player? How many times is it usable per day?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: Anima Defensor attempt 1[Class]

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis the Hoku-Lele
    Quick notes:

Why do they have martial weapon proficiency if they're supposed to value life?

Does protection of life move the player? How many times is it usable per day?
    they have martial wepon proficiency so they can use them with there subdue skill, plus they can kill if needed... just it marks them as a killer.

protection of life dosent move them permently, just to take the hit of the attack then back to there origonal place afterwards.