New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: [3.5] Illumians

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5] Illumians

I've just recently decided to re-read Races of Destiny, and I now have renewed interest in Illumians as PCs/NPCs.

Anyone have much experience with them? Any tip, tricks or traps to watch out for?

In particular, as an NPC/DMPC for an upcoming EtCR game, I was contemplating a 6th level Illumian Warmage, with the Bane Magic (Undead) feat...I think one of their sigils would let him cast at +2 CL?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Illumians

Just don't expect the players to take illumians seriously. It is probably one of the most ridiculous (and ridiculous-looking) concepts for a race.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

i have some interest on them, but i feel they need to get more racial abilities, that synergize more with the last published classes (like Binder, Crusader, Totemist, etc.)

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FMArthur View Post
    Just don't expect the players to take illumians seriously. It is probably one of the most ridiculous (and ridiculous-looking) concepts for a race.
    By the way, they aren't that new, either. They are a throwback to the Dabus of Sigil fame. Play Planescape: Torment, a 2E PC game in which they feature briefly.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

They're a very specialized race, tying into the whole "versatility" thing by favoring multi-class builds. I don't actually own Races of Destiny so I'm AFB, but I know among other things that there's a sigil combination that lets you use strength or dexterity as your bonus spells determination - it's gish heaven

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

A long time ago in a ... well, you get the idea.

I thought they are best designed for multiclass spellcasters. Most of the sigils are designed to help multiclassed spellcasters. Not a bad thing per se, but rather limited in scope.
    Funny, I always figured I'd be killed by a paladin.
    So, what you're saying is we rolled a 1 on our credit check?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FMArthur View Post
    Well, that's true, but if they conceal their sigils, they just look like a tall, lean, usually bald, human...