New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Mindflayer stats 3.5

could someone post the stats for a mindflayer from the MM

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mindflayer stats 3.5

Illegal because it isn't open content/SRD allowed.

You can find it in Complete Psionic or Monster manual only.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not legally they can't.
    WoTC decided to make a few things not OGL, which is why they are missing from the SRD. Now, we can talk about strategies to fight mind flayers, nifty things DM's have done with mind flayers, ect ect. But it would be illegal to post the stats themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

You could try Crystalkeep...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Debatable illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Copyright Office
    The idea for a game is not protected by copyright. The same is true of the name or title given to the game and of the method or methods for playing it.

Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form. Copyright protection does not extend to any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in the development, merchandising, or playing of a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles.

Some material prepared in connection with a game may be subject to copyright if it contains a sufficient amount of literary or pictorial expression. For example, the text matter describing the rules of the game, or the pictorial matter appearing on the gameboard or container, may be registrable.
    I firmly believe that the mechanics governing the Mindflayer are not covered by copyright within the U.S. That said, a presentation of those mechanics within a stat block most definitely is.

Regardless of the legality of posting the mechanics of the Mindflayer, it appears to be against the forum rules. This is sensible; even if it is clearly legal to do so, I wouldn't want to be forced to defend posting them in a court, nor would I want to be responsible for making legal trouble for Rich.
    Last edited by RS14; 2009-01-29 at 08:54 PM.