Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Taverna Generica IX (That's 9): Let's Hope You're Thirsty

Taverna Generica
    "διακονέoμέv άπαν"
    TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
    or
    PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
    On the front door, someone, most likely eons ago, has inscribed the same words, and the words Townies, Keep Out! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
    The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades. This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis. Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently advertising the nearby strip-joint/massage parlour, Mercury's House of Play, Restaurant Enchanté and Professional Services.
    Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
    Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
    There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
    2. No killing the staff.
    3. No vandalism.
    4. No thieving!
    5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
    6. No drug use.
    7. No alcohol brought in from other establishments is to be drunk here without staff permission.
    Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
    2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
    4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
    5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.

Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
    Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2009-02-21 at 01:49 PM.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Taverna Generica IX (That's 9): Let's Hope You're Thirsty

And lo, the new thread was created.

Well, we all know how to celebrate now don't we?

RaNdOm TaVeRna ZoMbIes!!!

((I am in no way saying that the zombies are in fact, RANDOM. In fact, all the recent zombie attacks have been purely plot based, to foreshadow the appearance of a new villain. Thank you.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2009-01-31 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Let it be known that the Taverna is currently going through a stage of rule-rewrites and additions due to some complaints I've received over IM and PM. Please regularly check the first post over the next day or so.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The zombies used to be random, then me and KidKris created rules about them. They then stopped being random.

Ven is still dead.

Lez is waiting for Blue to come back with her gun, or make a thread about his bakery.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Er. Terry?

The bakery
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #6

Ahhh Dark. You have the answer to everything don't you?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

A man wearing glasses and a decorative red robe with black sleeves walks into the Taverna. He carries an odd looking baton, and seems to be generally out of place. He takes a seat at the bar and, when asked, orders "Whatever's cheap."

A young boy dressed as a squire walks in a few minutes later. He is carrying a sword in a sheath, and appears to be waiting for somebody. He sits at a table near the door and tells the first waitress to come nearby "I'd like a water please."

((one of these characters is Hyozo, the other one is new. I'll add an entry for the new guy once I'm done messing with you I have a better idea of how I want to roleplay him and which organization he should join))
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Arthur pushes open the door and walks into the tavern. He takes a seat somewhere near the other gentlemen at the bar. He nods at them, and orders from the bartender.

Whiskey, please. And an ale.

9. - Top - End - #9

The man at the bar thinks for a moment, then nods back at Arthur before taking a sip of his drink.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

How's it going? He receives his two drinks from the Barman and starts to sip at them.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Absolutely horrible." he mutters, although he may just be talking about his drink. He should have known better than to order the cheapest thing available.

((Food deadtime. I'll be back soon.))

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That's unfortunate. He turns to the man.

Arthur. I'm new here. He extends a hand, trying to shake the mans hand.

13. - Top - End - #13

Skrall undeadtimes and looks around.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #14

((Did I say food deadtime? I must have meant food plus getting dragged into a game of scene it by my family deadtime. Anyway undead time un-deadtime now.))

"My name is Crodelus, but most people call me crow. I'm new around here as well." He shakes Arthur's hand.

Meanwhile, the squire is getting somewhat worried. He Reads a note, then asks a waitress "This is the Taverna Generica, correct?" and seems to calm down slightly when she confirms that fact.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Crow. Huh. I used to know a man named crow. He didn't quite look like you.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Crow. Huh. I used to know a man named crow. He didn't quite look like you.

17. - Top - End - #17

"I suppose it might be a more common name where you come from than it is where I come from." he says, taking another sip of his drink and cringing slightly.

18. - Top - End - #18

A bratty looking child enters the Taverna. He's clinging a small purse to his chest, and in his other hand is a poster. He quietly asks an employee if he can put up the paper on a wall, his eyes never looking up.

19. - Top - End - #19

Skrall watches him with his glowing red eyes. Kinda creepy looking.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You know, you could just buy a better drink.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    A bratty looking child enters the Taverna. He's clinging a small purse to his chest, and in his other hand is a poster. He quietly asks an employee if he can put up the paper on a wall, his eyes never looking up.
    Depends what it's advertising, and how much you're paying for the privilege, kid. A barman says, burping.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

22. - Top - End - #22

The child nervously holds up the sign to the barkeep.

Professional Services

1-800-555-5559
    With it, the urchin shows him the coin purse. As he raises it a jingle can be heard. I hope I don't have to say what is making that noise, as it is rather obvious.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    bottlecaps?
    bells?
    trinkets?
    washers?
    I don't think it could be one of those... >.>
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2009-02-01 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

The child nervously holds up the sign to the barkeep.

With it, the urchin shows him the coin purse. As he raises it a jingle can be heard. I hope I don't have to say what is making that noise, as it is rather obvious.
    The barman (tries to) swipe(s) the purse, and gestures to the noticeboard by the bar.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

25. - Top - End - #25

If it weren't easy enough. The purse is swiped, and the child looks at the notice board. He doesn't seem to mind that he's lost those 4 copper coins at all.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

If it weren't easy enough. The purse is swiped, and the child looks at the notice board. He doesn't seem to mind that he's lost those 4 copper coins at all.
    There're pins and tac with which to stick up posters. At the moment, there's only one other poster, adverstising the tacky strip joint Mercury's House of Play.
    The barkeep sneakily pockets his new four coppers, planning to pay a visit to the aforementioned establishment.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Johnny Boy walks into the Taverna.
    Hello?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny will see everything in the first post, which I'd recommend his player reads if he hasn't done so already.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

29. - Top - End - #29

*imagines what he could get for 4 copper*

The child sticks the poster up onto the board. It may lack substance, but it sure is taking up a lot of space. The urchin then leaves the shop, and five seconds later, a gunshot is heard. Anyone who is actually interested in investigating will find the same child with a bullet wound in its head. There's no casing, nor bullet left behind. Just a child with a hole in its head.

On that note: Shouldn't you put the notice board material in the first post? So people may actually read the board once in a while?
    Last edited by Boo; 2009-02-01 at 07:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Point taken! To the edit-Mobile!" Shouts the player, while nearby miscellaneous NPCs hang their head in shame at their weird creator.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.