New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fan Comic General Discussion

Hello. I'm thinking about starting a fan comic. Aside from the fact that I haven't decided on what to make my fan comic about yet, I'm wondering about what I should make the size of my fan comic pages. Around 800 x 1000?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

After messing around randomly for the first few comics, mine are now regularised at 1414x2000 in the original, and now I'm producing a smaller version for the forum at 1000x1414 - these ratios selected because they mean each page will fit a portrait A4 sheet in case I ever want to print them :)

Hope you do make one - always nice to see more stuff!
    Founder of Exilian, do come and visit:

Other hats include historian of medieval Georgia, folklore/myth nerd, creator of strange monsters like the Wendless Wolls and Afelyn, designer of odd games, & fan of the eclectic. And a green top hat, somewhere.
    Articles I've written: An Unexpected Bestiary (and Part 2 thereof), Realms of Myth: Somalia, Race vs Species, and Dark vs Light morality.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Fan Comic General Discussion

Can I post my comics here??
    Last edited by SusanDarwin; 2020-11-24 at 03:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SusanDarwin View Post
    Can I post my comics here??
    The same question

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

The fancomics section is highly moderated, since during the heyday of the forums fancomics used to be quite numerous and needed constant vetting. As the stickied guidelines thread suggests, all threads created here require moderator approval to appear, and at least one comic in the main post to start off.

Historically approval has taken anywhere from a couple days to several weeks, and I assume that depends on moderator workload behind the scenes. The subforum isn't anywhere near as active as it used to be and I suspect these things sometimes slip through the cracks. If you're really concerned about it like I was, I was told to message one of the subforum mods about it, which did the trick for me.
    Last edited by Shoreward; 2021-01-12 at 08:09 PM.

(Created by me. I should probably put that on there somewhere.)