New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Gezina's Generally Grandiose Gamut of Randomly Generated Banter #113(+2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    We don't keep up. You just look at what's happening on the last page or two. You'd have to be insane to read through all of it

>.<
    I try, sometimes. Far too many times, actually. =P
    So yeah. Beat Sacred Ground. Yay!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Jude's Judgmental Jugular Jab and Jibber Jabbery Random Banter #115

Sounds good to me Mr. Squat. Nothing really to add, your idea seems good enough for me.

I too would like to know what webcomic artists have accounts here.
    You will taste my trident!
    Awesome Wytch Avatar by FdL!
    Designed by Wolfbane.

Behold the power of Purple Prose!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

*glances at the first post*

He can do that?

Super Moderator indeed.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Really? How come?
    The art, which is good, and the " I could do anything you can without trying " feeling I sometimes get from your posts.
    @^Apparently. I suspect I'll be having another attack of modaphobia while the forum is crashing.
    EDIT: EGS and KoC, that I know of, not that they're especially active. And of course The Giant
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-02-11 at 10:11 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

*Sigh*

Night, all. I'd post more, but the forums are wonking out on me.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Have a good night.

7. - Top - End - #37

Hunt well. The forums are too hard to use with the new comic here too. Although I think that baking is going to be involved in defeating the dragon now.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Hunt well. The forums are too hard to use with the new comic here too. Although I think that baking is going to be involved in defeating the dragon now.
    Um, let me rephrase that.

@Phase: Have a good night.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. My first random banter post. Directly a result of it having Roland's name on it.

My first thought was "mods post RB threads?!" Followed by "Waitaminute, I thought Ina called it..." Now I understand it all.

Why I posted: I think the thread title sounds like a technique Mick taught Rocky: "Jab. Jibber-Jab... Cross! Jab. Jibber...Jibber-Jab, hook!"
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Roland St. Jude has a sexy avatar. I guess being a Mod has some perks.
    How is it sexy? You can barely see the face, or any other features.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #41

Hello, new thread. I greet ye tiredly but joyfully.

On another note, I think I found the 3.5 class that I love the most.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    Huh. My first random banter post. Directly a result of it having Roland's name on it.

My first thought was "mods post RB threads?!" Followed by "Waitaminute, I thought Ina called it..." Now I understand it all.

Why I posted: I think the thread title sounds like a technique Mick taught Rocky: "Jab. Jibber-Jab... Cross! Jab. Jibber...Jibber-Jab, hook!"
    Mods sometimes do normally, too. I know at least Lilly has...and Alarra? I don't remember precisely and I'm far too lazy to go check the list.

Also: I'm astonished to realize that my RB was over a year ago. How time flies!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post

Mods sometimes do normally, too. I know at least Lilly has...and Alarra? I don't remember precisely and I'm far too lazy to go check the list.

Also: I'm astonished to realize that my RB was over a year ago. How time flies!
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-02-12 at 01:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    How is it sexy? You can barely see the face, or any other features.
    Do not question why women find things sexy, for that leads to the downfall of men.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The art, which is good, and the " I could do anything you can without trying " feeling I sometimes get from your posts.
    Really?

I had no idea I can come across that way! I feel quite the contrary!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I must go to bed.

Good night, and hunt well.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Do not question why women find things sexy, for that leads to the downfall of men.
    And lots of pain. Both physical and mental.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

though question asking can lead to finding out what a particular woman or women find sexy which can lead to good times or bad times depending upon timing and execution and the use of said knowledge...

Communication is rather nice in the department of sexiness. As a lack of communication just throws monkey wrennches everywheres...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    So, as far as making "dibs" rules...

My proposal (as stated before) is to be called on page 49. I'd like to add to that that you must wait 10 threads before claiming the next one. If it gets to page 50 with no claimers, it is the duty of the person who hit page 50 to start a new thread.

Any other ideas/modifications?
    Anybody who dibses has previous threads, if any, taken into consideration; after all, they're conveniently listed on page one. However, the logjams seem to happen most with equally virtuous, threadless, and senior/persistent posters with roughly the same quantity of activity. There was something to be said for using a dice roller to break three-way jams; it's less satisfying for only two people but that distaste can be swallowed. That this wasn't an equal contest thanks to the jumped gun rankles me more, that and discovering the nothing-at-all we can apparently do about equalizing that. Now we know, if nothing else, how to keep a thread away from Person X.

I do dislike top-down solutions.

. . .Yo. Frodo. Eyes up here.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Roland St Jude is the sexy.

He likes western, and that's a BIG turn on.
    Last edited by SMEE; 2009-02-12 at 05:44 AM.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

I used to like the old west, but then everyone kept getting dysentery and dying. Who knew?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

part of me wants to ask "Jude" to add the link to 114...
    ... another doesn't want me to tell a mod what to do...
    ... another wants to remember the days when RBs lasted less than a day...
    ... and yet one more part wants to discuss CISCO 6509s , and the merits of USB over Firewire...

*sigh*
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

Isn't it, like, Valentine's day today?

24. - Top - End - #54

Well, fair enough. It did occur to me that a fair outcome might just be to give it to someone else, but I overlooked the mods' super-thread-merging powers.

As far as dibs rules are concerned, I still hold by my previous views. It goes to whoever calls dibs first on page 50. People who've had a thread in the last 50 aren't allowed (Unless no other RBers are online, I suppose).

If we have people calling dibs earlier, even on p49, there is the risk, small though it is, that conversation will stop, and they'll have to leave before page 50, thus missing the opportunity to make the thread. Whereas if we wait for page 50, they post their dibs, then immediately post the thread, and all is well.

@^: On saturday it is. Not today.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-02-12 at 06:53 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Isn't it, like, Valentine's day today?
    Today is the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    Roland St Jude is the sexy.

He likes western, and that's a BIG turn on.
    Wadledo was so right. I shouldn't question this stuff, becaus the explanation you gave has made even more confused.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-02-12 at 07:07 AM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #57
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Roland (erhm, "Jude") doesn't know the full extent of his power. He simply renamed the first post. Seeing what he had done, I thought it would be good to give him the first post . But you can blame Gezina for missing thread number 114 (fixed).

I do not know the full story of what happened, but I feel I need to make a few things clear.

There is far too much 'spammy' junk at the end of a Random Banter thread and at the beginning of a new one. This includes the discussion of/arguments about who will start the next one, posts that are purely to get the first reply or a reply on the first page (often including the words first post/first page/*boogie*/etc) and most importantly, posts towards the end of a thread that are made purely to 'end' the thread by getting it to page 50 to create a new one.

Threads should be restarted AFTER reaching 50 pages, not before, and the point is not to restart them as soon as they reach 50 pages either, there's still like 30 posts before it gets to page 51 (plus we're not going to mind if it goes a few pages over).

There should be no racing to restart Random Banter, no arguing and no 'cliques' or in crowds, everyone should be given a fair go. Getting to name a title is for a bit of fun, it should not be a status symbol or something to fight over.

Well, I now return you to your regular programming, Python. *HISSSS*

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

A fair point well made I feel. I've never really paid much attention to who starts these threads anyway...

And now for something completely different. A man with a tape recorder up his brothers nose!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-02-12 at 07:29 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    A fair point well made I feel. I've never really paid much attention to who starts these threads anyway...

And now for something completely different. A man with a tape recorder up his brothers nose!
    Does the tape recorder play the French national anthem?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

But of course. Now linkied for convenience.

We had a flood in our server room yesterday, I've spent the morning moving around soaking wet and possibly dangeropus electrical equipment. It's the most fun I've had in weeks.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn